Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Chunger  - That’s good news :)

I’ve been holding off on ordering a bunch of things from your site, but as soon as you get the pcbs in stock it’s all on ;)

chunger said:
Matador has completed the final panel layout and  is getting quotes from the PCB fab now.  We will be ordering these very soon.

Great news for sure! Also been holding of since I will be ordering to Sweden and like to bulk it all into one package  :)

Chunger or anybody who has one. Can you tell me the inside dimension of the wooden box for the HT-11A body?

rockinrob86 said:
It definitely has some wiggle room, but roughly 9.5" long by 1 3/4" wide and 1 3/4" tall

Thanks alot! Are these the dimensions of the "cutout" for the mic or the whole inside?

ribor92 said:
Any new updates on when the pcb will be available again?

Yes,  Matador is working with a new representative at the PCB fab and they are requesting more details than the previous rep was asking for.  So, they are in the process of sorting everything out for the production run.  Every time this happens, it seems Matador has to do a big run-around to satisfy all of the queries.  We are trying to get them printed ASAP.

Hello Chunger
Are dimensions of the microphone body CU49 on your store same as original Neumann M49 (diameter: 76-80mm)?
I sent you message please check your email.
Thanks

Hallo Chunger,
It's possible to use your U67/U87 SwitchPCB as a direct replacement for the old broken Plastic Switches?

Marko said:
Hallo Chunger,
It's possible to use your U67/U87 SwitchPCB as a direct replacement for the old broken Plastic Switches?

The parts are not physically cross compatible with original Neumann body.  As far as I know Sennheiser still supplies all replacement parts for repair of vintage units.

3D print?  I've done a bunch of parts for mic's and other projects.  If you have a pic or some dimensions id be happy to give it a try for you.

Do you send an email notification with tracking number when you ship or do you even respond to email, sir?

I received a tracking number for my package I ordered recently - it was a fairly big order though.

Emails were a bit sporadic, but chunger always got back to me and he was helpful - I’m sure he’s just busy with other things...

analag said:
Do you send an email notification with tracking number when you ship or do you even respond to email, sir?

Hello,

Apologize for the recent delays.  I have a sizeable backlog of orders right now and am working through them in the order received except for special circumstances like upcoming sessions or travel plans where I expedite some outgoing boxes. 

Email notification is sent out when the shipping label is generated and if you require a refund any time prior to shipment, i can process that immediately.

Hello Chunger
When will be mechanical kit MK47  available again?
I am still waiting for your response on mail about CU49 kits.

hutrides said:
Hello Chunger
When will be mechanical kit MK47  available again?
I am still waiting for your response on mail about CU49 kits.

MK47 bodies will be back in my next factory shipment.  I will be ordering enough to be in stock for some time.  A few retail microphone builders started using the body kit and that rapidly depleted my stock from this batch, but I am aware of it now and will restock accordingly.

What was your query about the CU49 body kits?

Just got a message from TC that my capsule is ready for shipping! So excited! Hoping to be able to order pcb and donor body etc soon!

Still going a bit back and forth about wether to go c12 or 251 style. Some people say that the 251 is the best of both worlds being more balanced like a split beween a neumann and a c12. Any thoughts?

Back