Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@chunger
Hello! I have not heard anything for almost 2 weeks since placing and paying my order. I also sent an mail without reply a week ago..

Just wanna know the status of my order!
Kind regards,
Ritchie

Chunger,

I saw mentioned a while back that C12 PCBs were on their way, but it was a while ago. Do you have an estimated time you will have these back in stock?

It's the last thing I'm waiting on to build my C12! :)

chunger said:
Hi Tommy,

sorry for the delay,  I am extremely behind in packing and shipping right now but have your GT-2B order in the system.  You will receive tracking information by email when the shipping label is generated.  I should be getting a large batch out early next week.

Arrived a week ago! thanks!
I was thinking what kind of scews I must use to fix the PCB to the chassis.
Can you write me the measures?
Thanks!

ribor92 said:
@chunger
Hello! I have not heard anything for almost 2 weeks since placing and paying my order. I also sent an mail without reply a week ago..

Just wanna know the status of my order!
Kind regards,
Ritchie

Has anyone heard anything from Chunger lately, I hope he’s fine and all!

But waiting 3 weeks after paying around 300 usd, I think its very disrespectful to the value of ones money to not send the items or AT LEAST get back to them explaining whats going on...

He’s already said he’s really backed-up, so please hold-tight. As I’ve mentioned here, I’ve had stuff ship within a few days to over a month from him and never hear anything; it’s normal and he has always come through and I’ve never heard of any time he hasn’t. Hopefully you did enough research prior to putting in your order to already know all that though. I get it though, you’re probably just antsy and the sqeaky-wheel and always gets the grease and I’m known for never being squeaky even when I probably should be!

ribor92 said:
Has anyone heard anything from Chunger lately, I hope he’s fine and all!

But waiting 3 weeks after paying around 300 usd, I think its very disrespectful to the value of ones money to not send the items or AT LEAST get back to them explaining whats going on...
Changer has a job besides his store, so this is not Amazon !
I know it's not that cool, when you spend 300 bucks, but he will deliver and you will be happy, I promise.

TillM said:
Changer has a job besides his store, so this is not Amazon !
I know it's not that cool, when you spend 300 bucks, but he will deliver and you will be happy, I promise.

I know this isn’t Amazon, thats just an unnecessary thing to say... I just feel a line has to be drawn when I have the right to wonder. It’s not like 2 days have past...

Even if he has a day job, there has to be some form of dedication to hold up the other end of the deal when sending the invoice and taking the money right?

3 weeks is right about that time for me to start wondering why I won’t get a response at least.

I’m sure it will all turn out just fine though, not good at the waiting game! :)

Hey guys!  After a long delay, C12 PCB sets as well as the new ELA M251 boards are available again in the webstore.  There were some changes with our PCB fab and we have been dealing with a new technical team on their end so things got a bit bumpy but we should be sailing smooth now again thanks to Matador.

burdoto said:
Chunger, any idea when you'll have ht-11 bodies back in stock?

The order is in with Alctron to get more HT-11A bodies.  Production times vary wildly, so this is pure speculation, but 90 days seems to be about right.

Is it possible to get only shockmounts from your shop? Or are they tied to the bodies?
I would need CU 49 and SYT 5 shockmounts.

chunger said:
Hey guys!  After a long delay, C12 PCB sets as well as the new ELA M251 boards are available again in the webstore.  There were some changes with our PCB fab and we have been dealing with a new technical team on their end so things got a bit bumpy but we should be sailing smooth now again thanks to Matador.

Good news!

Any photos and info on what’s changed?

Especially details of the 251 boards would be cool..

Thanks!

mdmitch2 said:
Wondering the same.... any updates?

Chunger,
Been a couple of months since we asked last, but any idea as to when the SYT-5's are expected back in stock?  I really need four of them...

It's been a while since we've heard from Chunger. Does anyone know if he's shipping orders from his site?

Update! 

I have an incoming shipment of microphone parts from various factories. 

- Alctron MK47's will be restocked
- U47 shock mounts will be restocked
- HT-11A bodies will be restocked (all headbasket types still in stock)
- HT-11A shock mounts will be restocked
- U47/SYT-5 wood boxes will be restocked

I will not put them live on the webstore until I get my hands on the mics to make sure they are ok.

- SYT-5 marked bodies are still having finish issues.  Unmarked body tubes still available, but it will at least be another cycle before I get marked tubes back.  Budget YT-5 bodies are still in stock and compatible with all kits.  These have screen printed markings.

- Budget 47 bodies were not re-ordered.  The quality control was so bad on this model that I couldn't justify another order at this time.  I will search for a better low-cost alternative for this model.

The bodies have not yet made it on the boat, but they will soon.  Ocean freight and customs clearing timing is highly variable but I will update again when I have the new shipment in hand and ready to ship.

Back