Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing concrete right now.  I am going to order a new batch of microphones before I run out of stock though to try and get extra marked body tubes in hand.  That production order has not been made yet though.

Here is a quote from Stam Audio from another forum, about his 67 clones availibility : It is still another 40 days before I get the mic bodies for them
So this could be an indicator as to why they are backorder.

Hey chunger,

I sent you an email about a ht11 type 3 body., Did you see it? Hoping to catch you before the you ship my order.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.  I have a backlog of messages I need to respond to because I was rushing to get taxes done.  I'm back on the shipping queue tomorrow and will look for your changes.

camarada78 said:
Is it still possible to buy just the PCBs and capsule (34mm) for the u87 clones?

I like to order this kit:

ShuaiYin SYT-5 (U67/87 type) microphone body kit $165 - body kit includes:

body
shock mount
3 switches (pad, treble roll-off, pattern)
high quality 35mm K67 capsule (Is there an option with K87 capsule?)
capsule mount
3 pin xlr insert

Plus Shipping to Rio de Janeiro - Brazil.

Thanks,

Leandro

Hey Chunger, I received your beautiful package today... Possibly the best delivery box ever! And the contents? Wow! Your U47 body is absolutely brilliant, it's totally given me a turbo boost to get on with my build.  Can't thank you enough... Like Christmas all over again!
Best wishes, Richard

Attachments

• IMG_20190404_102603034.jpg
    IMG_20190404_102603034.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
Hello!

C12 electronic parts kits are finally restocked after a long delay.

I have received bad news from Gotham Audio regarding GAC 7 cable.  It appears the US distributor that I have been working with the last few years will no longer be working with Gotham, so for now, I will need to find another source for premium 7 conductor microphone cable.  I have a little bit of stock left on my current spool, but after that, I will need to find an alternate supplier.  I may change to Mogami.

Hi, just finished a DIY u87 build with what I believe is one of the 2nd gen SYT-5 bodies (I bought it used from someone who never finished the build).

Unfortunately the person I bought it from didn't have the shockmount. And it seems Chunger doesn't sell the 2nd gen ones separately. Does anyone have any idea where/how I might find one? Or even how I might figure out the dimensions to know what to look for?

On the Studio939 site, it says:

GT-2B shock mount is a threaded M27 base mount compatible with the Alctron GT-2B microphone (NADY TCM-1050, and also other branded mics). It is also compatible with our previous 1st generation SYT-5 microphones but NOT with the current production ones which are M24 threaded.

So I guess it's M24 I'm looking for? I have a Nady TCM-1050 and the shockmount diameter is too small to fit my SYT-5 body, which is why I assume I have the 2nd gen body.

Many thanks for any help!

Hello!

I don't have the M24 shock mount listed as a separate item because I did not purchase more of them to sell separate from the microphone bodies, but I can sell a spare.  They cost the same as the other shock mounts that I list.

chunger said:
Hello!

I don't have the M24 shock mount listed as a separate item because I did not purchase more of them to sell separate from the microphone bodies, but I can sell a spare.  They cost the same as the other shock mounts that I list.

This is such great news, thanks so much. Please let me know what would be the best way to go about paying. Thanks!!

Back