Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone Has anyone contacted chunger recently? I made the order more than two weeks ago and still haven't received any feedback.

I keep saying, under normal circumstances, you won’t here from him. Under normal circumstances, it’s 2-4 weeks before you get a notice that it’s been shipped. Unusual circumstances would be anything outside of that. Never heard of anyone ever say he’s not followed through with anything though.

Recording Engineer said:
I keep saying, under normal circumstances, you won’t here from him. Under normal circumstances, it’s 2-4 weeks before you get a notice that it’s been shipped. Unusual circumstances would be anything outside of that. Never heard of anyone ever say he’s not followed through with anything though.

You mean I have to wait a little longer?

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.  Currently, all orders placed on October 13 have shipped.  Everything through October 16 should be going out tomorrow.

chunger said:
Hello,

Sorry for the delay.  Currently, all orders placed on October 13 have shipped.  Everything through October 16 should be going out tomorrow.
Hello,

I received a package yesterday.  But I ordered two Alctron HT-11A Tube Microphone Body Kit "without cable", but got them without two power supplies TPS 100.  :( :( :(
Also you sent me PCBs for C12, but I ordered for ELA M 251.

Anyway, please, don't send it in this month because I exceeded the duty-free threshold this month...
Or at least send it not to Arkhipova Ekaterina, but to me-to Arkhipov Vasily Sergeyevich, as I wrote by e-mail.

I apologize for writing through all possible channels of communication, but I am very worried about my order.

adeptusmajor said:
Hi Chunger,

I know you discussed the need for a spacer under the capsule mount to get the capsule oriented properly in the new SYT headbasket. What size spacer is needed? I have a variety of nylon spacers available to me, I'm hoping one will work. If so I might even have enough to donate some to the cause...

Edit: Never mind, I found it. The capsule mount needs to be raised by 8mm.

Any idea what the approximate diameter of these spacers might be?

RuudNL said:
Any idea when the 'good' SYT-5 bodies will be available again?

A new batch has been completed for some time.  I am awaiting some other items from various factories to be completed to combine for ocean freight.  I have also ordered a supply of spare marked body tubes for separate sale in case people need to upgrade unmarked versions that were the only option for some time.

Hi Chunger,

Happy Holidays! I hope all is well!

I wanted to check in on the order I made a few days ago. I've been hoping to get an update, however, I am aware we are all super busy or pre-occupied during this time of year. Either way, I wanted to find out if you'll be re-stocking the Chinese PSU supplies any time soon.  If so, I'll order the body and PSU. If not, is it still possible to order a blank sleeve for the C-12 Chinese clone body (i.e. Apex 460)?

I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

chunger said:
A new batch has been completed for some time.  I am awaiting some other items from various factories to be completed to combine for ocean freight.  I have also ordered a supply of spare marked body tubes for separate sale in case people need to upgrade unmarked versions that were the only option for some time.

Hey Chunger,

Any idea on the timing of this shipment?

Just received my orders for the C12 PCBs and parts! Much appreciated Chunger!

I'm definitely hoping to order the Mic body, PSU, Cable, etc kit when available. I'll try not be too annoying. It's hard when DIY bug bites after a 7 year hiatus.

Did you guys ever have any boards made with the 251 mods built in?  I've been out of the loop for a while and someone inquired about having one made.

The conversion I did on the original C12 platform has gone on to beat vintage mics in shootouts pretty consistently.

Hi chunger,
can you tell me if it's possible to place an order for ShuaiYin SYT-5 (U67/87 type) microphone body kit + switch board ? or must I wait the next batch ?
What shipping charge to France for one or two kits ?
Regards,
JC D

Category 5 said:
Did you guys ever have any boards made with the 251 mods built in?  I've been out of the loop for a while and someone inquired about having one made.

The conversion I did on the original C12 platform has gone on to beat vintage mics in shootouts pretty consistently.

Welcome back!  The build thread for the ELA M251 variant is here

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=67515.0

jcdignan said:
Hi chunger,
can you tell me if it's possible to place an order for ShuaiYin SYT-5 (U67/87 type) microphone body kit + switch board ? or must I wait the next batch ?
What shipping charge to France for one or two kits ?
Regards,
JC D

Hello,

I am currently waiting for one factory to complete their production run of wood boxes after which a fresh batch of SYT-5 bodies will be heading my way via ocean freight.  I do not take pre-orders because sometimes problems (serious) happen with production and I do not want to ship microphone bodies until I know they are good.  The timeline is not set yet for when they will arrive in stock, but the bodies have been completed for some time now.  I will update the webstore and post an announcement on this thread as soon as I have them in my hands to ship.

Hi Chunger,

Any updates on the shipment of Alctron HT-11A PSUs? I'd imagine, unless shipped beforehand, the corona virus may be affecting the supply/delivery line.

Back