Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funkymonksf said:
Hi Chunger,

Any updates on the shipment of Alctron HT-11A PSUs? I'd imagine, unless shipped beforehand, the corona virus may be affecting the supply/delivery line.

Corona virus is wreaking havoc on my shipment.  A couple of my supplying factories have not re-opened since the Lunar New Year.  I apologize for the continued delays.

No need to apologize! You’re providing a wonderful service and I’m sure we’d all love to snuff out this virus.

Thank you for the update! Stay well! :)

We have just run out of stock on Type 1 headbaskets for the HT-11A body.  As a replacement batch of these headbaskets was already finished in the last production run, I am having a small amount of them sent to me via air mail for a quick re-stock.  If you have an outstanding order involving a Type 1 headbasket, I will be emailing to see if you want refund, swap to a different headbasket, or wait for the "relatively quick" restock.

Corona virus is still causing havoc with in-country shipping and freight logistics for the larger order.  Also, one plating factory has not resumed work yet, so things are delayed.  MANY large companies are trying to export all kinds of goods so the shipping pipelines are full.    The situation is complicated, but hopefully, things will start to normalize soon.

Are shipments of Budget-YT5 body kit
Affected?  I ordered three weeks ago. Just wondering if it’s been mailed. Thank you.

Hi Chunger,

I hope you're healthy and well. I understand you were expecting shipments from Asia for the C12 PSUs, etc. Is there any news on those? What are the realistic wait times at this point?

Hi Chunger,

I hope you're hangin in there.  I know parts of China have reopened and I was just curious if you'd heard anything from the factories regarding the upcoming shipment.  Thanks for helping and bearing with all us DIY addicts.

Hello!

I have news about the incoming shipment.  It departs from China via freight ship on Wednesday 5/20.  I anticipate customs delays at the California port of entry due to Covid 19 and the state being quite locked down at the moment, but I will be restocked on many things the people have been waiting a long time for as well as a couple of new items.

Best news I've had in a while!  I've got everything ready for 2 new U87 clones,  can't wait to get the bodies to put them in!  Thanks so much!  :D

I've sent 3 messages regarding my order to Chunger's mailbox but still got no response.. :-\
Hey Mr.Chunger, are you allright?  ???

Greebok said:
I've sent 3 messages regarding my order to Chunger's mailbox but still got no response.. :-\
Hey Mr.Chunger, are you allright?  ???

Still here.  Orders are going out but I am coordinating a large incoming shipment from factories today so I am trying to organize and make space.

Ok. . .I have received a shipment of restocking parts and new parts, and am waiting for another to be sent.  Unfortunately, I was hit with US/China trade war tariffs this time as these new categories have expanded to microphone parts.

What I received:

Cheap chinese 35mm K67 capsule (same as previous)
Cheap chinese 34mm edge terminated K67 style capsule (same as previous)
Cheap chinese 34mm K47 capsule (new model for me)
A replacement for the budget 47 microphone body kit from a different factory
TPS-100 power supplies
Yoke mount for M49 style microphone bodies
Wood boxes for U47 and SYT-5 type bodies
GT-2B microphone bodies (never went out of stock)

I am working on packing existing orders still but should be updating the webstore shortly to reflect the new items and back in stock items.

I know a lot of people have been waiting for the SYT-5 body kits to get back in stock, and those will be shipping to me probably via DHL soon.  The production run is completed but there is a delay on getting the switches from the Taiwanese supplier.

chunger said:
I know a lot of people have been waiting for the SYT-5 body kits to get back in stock, and those will be shipping to me probably via DHL soon.  The production run is completed but there is a delay on getting the switches from the Taiwanese supplier.

Thank you for keeping us updated! I know all the delays and logistical problems must be just as (if not more) frustrating for you as they are for everyone here. Did the SYT-5 bodies make it? Any idea of when they might be in stock? Thanks

Any idea where i can get a union nut that fits the syt-5? or what the thread is? Ive got a shockmount with 4 union nuts that are all too small!

Hey Chunger,
I was looking to place an order on your site but reluctant because your main "studio993.com" appears to be invalid.
Lmk if the "Store" section is ok & safe?

Thx!

Latest posts

Back