Neumann U67 Clone : D-U67 Tube Microphone Build Thread.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just spoke with Dennis at AMI andhe is looking into it ,
Best,
Dan,

rjuly said:
poctop said:
I have just spoke with Dennis at AMI andhe is looking into it ,
Best,
Dan,

Dany,

i should be getting back today with a full configuration diagram for the bv12 classic series,
stay tuned,
Dan,

Many thanks for that. I have also sent an email to the support team as you suggested. Hopefully they will come back with something.

Regards,
Richard

AMI sent me the updated schematic with these details below.

The circuit:
imagejpg1_zps7ff60568.jpg

... and the reference image:
imagejpg1_zpsfa3e1910.jpg

... still wondering if anyone here can tell me what the black wires connect to? Not sure what the dotted-dashed line with the "&" symbols in the circuit diagram denote.

Best,
Rich

rjuly said:
Here is the correspondance on the pcb pad for the U67 Mic pcb

AMI%20transformer%20Mic%20PCB%20Hookup.jpg

AMI sent me the updated schematic with these details below.

The circuit:
imagejpg1_zps7ff60568.jpg

... and the reference image:
imagejpg1_zpsfa3e1910.jpg

... still wondering if anyone here can tell me what the black wires connect to? Not sure what the dotted-dashed line with the "&" symbols in the circuit diagram denote.

Best,
Rich
:)
yes i got it this morning , cant wait to start a new build with this traffo. i really like my D-EF47 with the BV8 classic series.
let get this bv12 classic series going :)
the 2 black wire are actually shiedling of the core, take those 2 wires to a gnd pad onm the pcb,
Also note that the Blue wire (4) is the +audio out and the White (3) is - audio out

https://cdn.groupbuilder.com/groupdiy/u/39511/58d02819944ac.pdf
best,
Dan.

Yes, I'm looking forward to getting back to work on my pair. I have looked at my finances, and I can't afford to rectify the error I made ordering the ioaudio bv.12 version pcb's. I am going to try and make them work if possible, with the AMI bv12's. I believe they will just fit in the mic bodies I have. When I drill the holes in the pcb to attach the trafo, should I try to avoid the ground plane or try to intersect it?

Regards,

Rich

rjuly said:
Yes, I'm looking forward to getting back to work on my pair. I have looked at my finances, and I can't afford to rectify the error I made ordering the ioaudio bv.12 version pcb's. I am going to try and make them work if possible, with the AMI bv12's. I believe they will just fit in the mic bodies I have. When I drill the holes in the pcb to attach the trafo, should I try to avoid the ground plane or try to intersect it?

Regards,

Rich
just put a small layer of large heat shrink tube under the core that sit on the pcb ,
that will do it and give a little extra dampening effect,
Best,
Dan,

Finally documentation for the BV12 AMI classic series is here ,
see first page or 2 post back on this page,

8)
Best,
Dany,

To help For transformer Connections, updated first post as well,
A nice tutorial for this project  is coming soon. :) 

58d1402a0813d.jpg

58d1402a035b4.jpg

58d0281994524.jpg

Best,
Dan,

finally getting around to finishing this mic build. however i cannot for the life of me figure out how to hook up the capsule. any pics that could help?

1-1.jpg

58d028199455d.jpg

Hope this helps,

Refer to M269b build thread for pattern switch and low cut and pad,
Dan,

Yes you need to have the backplate ( metal part of the Capsule connected via a screw eylet) and then wired to middle pin of pattern switch , what i usually do is to have a pre existing lead on the switch board that goes up to the basket ,

potstweaker said:
what about the wire thats on the side of the capsule?where does that connect to?

Where the arrows point in the pictures  ;),
Dan,

sorry, I suppose my confusion lies in which is the backplate......would i be safe in assuming that is what the cable thats screwed onto the side of the capsule would be?

potstweaker said:
sorry, I suppose my confusion lies in which is the backplate......would i be safe in assuming that is what the cable thats screwed onto the side of the capsule would be?

The metal portion of the capsule is the backplate,
the gold film portion of the capsule are the diaphrgames,
hope this helps,
Dany,

Back