Closest build available to a Manley Enhanced Pultec EQP-1A

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atticmike

Hey guys,

what is the closest build available to a Manley Enhanced Pultec EQP-1A?

Any input is mostly appreciated :)

MIke

helterbelter said:
Not the same, but I think the Frank's Enhanced Pultec, coupled with a G-pultec gain make up board will be the closest.
Main difference is the gain make up amp.

Great, thanks a lot.

Also, I'd like to adjust the LF : 70 hz instead of the offered 90 which would allow me to use it both on drums as well as on my mix bus.

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help me figure that out since I got no approach to figure that out myself right now.

Whereas the PEX-500 for 300 bucks looks dope as well if I could change the LF and HF myself (20 hz instead of 30, 120 instead of 100 and for the HF 2k, 3k 10k somewhat.

I mean, the 300 bucks are a no brainer but the selectable frequencies are just not feasible :/

Why would someone choose 30 hz and 100, whereas that's yet at some point understandable but 6, 10 and 16 kHz?!

atticmike said:
helterbelter said:
Not the same, but I think the Frank's Enhanced Pultec, coupled with a G-pultec gain make up board will be the closest.
Main difference is the gain make up amp.

Great, thanks a lot.

Also, I'd like to adjust the LF : 70 hz instead of the offered 90 which would allow me to use it both on drums as well as on my mix bus.

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help me figure that out since I got no approach to figure that out myself right now.

Whereas the PEX-500 for 300 bucks looks dope as well if I could change the LF and HF myself (20 hz instead of 30, 120 instead of 100 and for the HF 2k, 3k 10k somewhat.

I mean, the 300 bucks are a no brainer but the selectable frequencies are just not feasible :/

Why would someone choose 30 hz and 100, whereas that's yet at some point understandable but 6, 10 and 16 kHz?!

The low frequencies on the Pultec are not taken at 3dB down, so in reality you have to double what is printed on the front. A used Summit EQP-200B can be bought for a good price and sounds great, bit cleaner.

Attachments

• PULTEC_curves.pdf
    139 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Back