Delayed Action Track

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveP

Now the Groupdiy 26C is out of my face I got a little recording done.

Do you like this arrangement of the old John Mayall Bluesbreakers song?

http://soundcloud.com/delayed-action/its-over

Any feedback welcome

best
DaveP

Sounds great Dave!  Really catchy!

My girlfriend thought it had a bit of a glam rock beat -were you in platforms and glitter when you recorded it??

joaquins said:
I like it... I can hear it was recorded in UK, I like it!

Interesting.......so what makes a UK recording?

Thanks and glad you like it

DaveP

Interesting.......so what makes a UK recording?

[/quote]

Because if you listen carefully in the background you may hear:
1: the crackle of a live stock fire (if the studio is in the countryside)
2: some scruffy manc, geordie, cockney or <insert regional chav here> asking if they can borrow 20 pence (if the studio is in a city)

Given that I'm from the yorkshire countryside and moved to manchester, my recordings have the best of both worlds.

;D

Autophase,

There's me thinking I had produced the next big thing "The UK sound" and then you go and burst my bubble ;D

Actually it's m' sen on m' tod (dialect specially for Yorkshire readers) and in the background is the flightpath for Luton airport, the main line railway and the drone of the factory fans.

best
DaveP

Autophase,

No but I have a close friend from Yorkshire, name of Howarth and a daughter living in Leeds, must have picked the lingo over the years! ;D
best
DaveP

I don't know exactly, maybe the song ask for the sound, something I believe... But this tiny snare sound is something not very seen in US bands and I realy like it. Also the voice (at the intro most) sound like the arranges from your fancy quartet.

I'm in Argentina and here it's more common to listen bands looking for the US sound than UK and I really love the simplistic UK things.

I hope not to burder anyone... Just a point of view and the sensation I had when I listen the time for the first time... A teacher I had told us once, "you hear a song for the first time only once" It's pretty obvious but nice to have in mind.

JS

Back