Sony C37P - Super Tiny Machine Screws

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Smith

I'm looking for a 1 mm (ish) by 2.5mm flat head machine screw to replace one I lost working on my Sony Mic. It is the screw that attaches the clear wire to the capsule assembly. I tried the local model train store and electronics store with no luck. Does anyone on here have a line on such a machine screw?

Adam, do you have a micrometer? Unfortunately 'ish' may not get you what you need.

Also, you don't state your location.

Anyway, I use these guys for small screws in the UK... they go down to M1.0, M1.2, M1.4 etc, at different lengths.

http://www.pts-uk.com/Products/Machine_Screws_Slot_Countersunk_Machine_Screws

I took the other screw to work and put a micrometer on it. The width of the threaded part of the screw is 1.15mm and the length from the top of the head to the end of the screw is 2.7mm.

I'm in the USA, but I would pay for shipping from about anywhere to have my mic up and running again. Greg Norman at Electrical Audio also suggested I check McMaster-Carr in the USA. I went to the local watch repair place today and got very close in size, but not quite.

So,
M1.0 = 1mm width
M1.3 = 1.2mm width?

Latest posts

Back