AKG C12 Capsule connectors

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lampas

Hi,

does someone know where to get those special screws or connectors to connect backplates of the C12 capsule to circuit ?
(On the image those on the end of the blue wire on the left side of the capsule)
What type and size of wire is used in the C12 clones these days ?

C12-06.jpg

Thanx.

gyraf said:
"the C12 clones" is a pretty wide definition - but original CK12 used a small solder tag, attached to membrane holder by a M1 or a M1.2 screw..

Hi,

thanx for the answer. What kind of metal is used for these screws ? Gold ? I am looking for cable, screw and connector like on this photo:

thiersch-red.jpg

gyraf said:
that's a M7, not a ck12

Both use brass screws.

Small solder tags are hard to find.

Jakob E.

Yes solder tag is the right word.... Yes I am looking for them. Maybe Mouser Or Digikey have them in the stock... I'll check.

Thanx.

If you have problem to buy those solder tags and especially if you need gold plated, you can use for this tags from gold rca chassis sockets.
Maybe it's not looking good as original, but it will be works same.
Ofcourse if you need for some diy projects. If you plan production of capsules it will be unprofitable:)
To get small solder tag, you just need to cut rca tags in the middle.
Several RCA sockets have different sizes of solder eyelets and overall dimensions.

Jakob - i've updated my post about c414, if you can look again i'll be thankfull:)

Attachments

• RCA.jpg
    RCA.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back