Versions of NE5532 (and 5534)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ziga

I've come across a pretty collection of maintenance parts, including a s*łtload of NE5532/4 opamps. The interesting thing is, they're not all the same, but of different versions/series.

I have NE5532 versions/series: 8137, 8328, 8334 (number is written under the model name on the chip)

and 5534 versions/series: 8132, 8133, 8212, 8217, 8302, 8316, 8317, 8320, 8322

Does anyone know what these numbers mean and if there are any differences between versions/series of the same chip?

Thank you!

...damn they're old... :p Is the chip practically the same from its issue or did they update the electronics sometimes? Just so I know if I would be better off buying new ones or using the "vintage" ones :)

Maybe you can sell them for more money by claiming they are vintage.  8) 8) 8) 8)

JR

PS: I suspect processes have improved a bunch since then,, die masks may even be different. I wouldn't be surprised if there are subtle differences.

PPS: Old ICs are not like old wines, they do not get better with age, The best we can hope for is that they don't get worse.

So, like some women unfortunately, they age rather more like milk then like wine :p I'ill check up on those "wanted runs", maybe I can find jewel or two :)

Latest posts

Back