DIY Rack for Live Shows

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ

GDIY Supporter
stole this idea from a local music store,

30 bucks and a day later, one of those Kev type projects that give instant gratitude when you just want an easy build that you can actually finish on time,

hand saw to keep warm in the winter garage at night,

Attachments

• live1.jpg
    live1.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 124
add some Tee nuts to the sides to hold the rack rails,

i used 3/4 angle, should have used 1 inch,

i stuck a tap in the drill press and used the on off sw to make a power tapper, the fan belt slips if you leave the pwr on too long, so no worries about flying angle iron,

you can tap 40 holes by hand, if you are a bass player,

speakin of bass players, full props out for Larry Graham, re inventing the Funk, back when he could have gone cheezy disco, he reinvented the Funk.

Prince?  that midget jimi hendrix copycat, don't get me started on prince,

Attachments

• live2.jpg
    live2.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 80
that gray fuzz you see on the racks at the music store?

just some trunk liner, you can find it at a local foam and cloth store,

or go out late at night and pop the trunk on a 65 coup deville and lift some liner out of there, should be enuff yardage to cover the job,

Attachments

• live3.jpg
    live3.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 67
i tried wheels but the axles broke, so we have a hand truck, not the fancy one that folds into a go cart, just the 30 dollar Lowes in dark green with air tires,

here is a crappy shot of the finished unit with a few boxes in there,l one is an Art stereo EQ, remember those? and a DIY Pultec on the bottom,

too lazy to go back out into the cold garage and re shoot the lousy pic,

build the case 1/4 inch wider than you think you need, you can always close up gaps, but you are in trouble if the rack holes are too close together,

the extra thickness of the trunk liner pushed the rails in too far, so i had to un bolt them and remove the fuzz, re-glue the top edge and re bolt the rails,  :-\

Attachments

• live4.jpg
    live4.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 132
Dont forget to put the lights on top............ Samson(19") has a unit for that , with power distribution.......... because live you mostly work in the dark...........
Put a flightcase around it , keeps your stuff in one piece...............and you can put the wheels under it.......... makes it handy to take with you...........

Back