what a pain!!!!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pan60

Why is it so difficult top post here?
I spend more time trying to answer these question then it has been worth. I have avoided this forum for this very reason, and I am not anole. people have told they will never even try to post here because of this.
Guys you need to figure out a better system.

This is totally absurd.

Verification:

Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

What is the name of the planet with rings around it (in our solar system)?:

I said, "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Who am I (first name only)?:

Mixing the colors red and blue result in what color?:

Save a copy in my outbox

I remember even way back when it was hard to join. Without those spambot precautions this place would be filled with spam. Looks like you made it in though. :D

pan60 said:
Why is it so difficult top post here?
I spend more time trying to answer these question then it has been worth. I have avoided this forum for this very reason, and I am not anole. people have told they will never even try to post here because of this.
But the recompense is up to the difficulty... ;D
Guys you need to figure out a better system.
Protection is a compromise. Less difficult => more spams
This is totally absurd.
You may find some of us are wonderfully absurd...

It goes away after 3 posts, (so post here 3 times in a row right now and get it out of the way).

I actually found the bot prevention incredibly annoying, and I consider myself to be quite tech savvy.

Well bots are getting smarter. Or the people behind them that is. Just on my little Q and A section on my site I've gotten a recent flood of fake questions with fake answers by bots. Recently found one on here as well.

You only have to answer security questions for your first 3 posts as a new member.
what a pain!!!!!!
Relax. We all hate spam. I don't think answering some questions for the first 3 posts is such a tall order.

The questions throw off most bots, and even some real people intent on manually spamming (analog spamming? ;D)

Well, when i some times read some of posted questions i think the verification isn't hard enough yet!!
My 2 cent.

Dr_J said:
Well, when i some times read some of posted questions i think the verification isn't hard enough yet!!
My 2 cent.
should it be a required knowledge test? maybe through some ohms law at people before they are allowed to speak :p

> I said, "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Who am I (first name only)?

That's just so wrong.

Non-US people don't care, US folks don't know.

Actually, very similar phrases crop up in Catalan and Greece.

Let's at least use "global" questions, perhaps with audio focus.

> real people intent on manually spamming

They get paid (10 cents?) to go look-up answers. Finding "Patrick" won't deter them.

"It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace – but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

I've updated the questions to be culturally agnostic and not require a google search (I hope).
All the questions are now math problems.

For instance: 1+30+5 = ?

abechap024 said:
Well bots are getting smarter. Or the people behind them that is. Just on my little Q and A section on my site I've gotten a recent flood of fake questions with fake answers by bots. Recently found one on here as well.

I noticed that while I was looking through your site yesterday.  Weird.

there's already enough categories for complaining , please buy Monty Python dvd sets [ don't download ]
and that will fix ALL of your problems . Feel better now ?

Back