511X army fighting some intruders.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha yep) Should I mention Zazie 2011 concert tour with 4 of my 51X racks and 10x 51X-F76?

I had a feeling it was a douchebag move...that's igor's style.

For such a smart guy...you have a really loose set of ethics Igor. You constantly impress me with your ability but yet manage to detract from that by doing or saying something completely unnecessary...lame.

Dam you Arts ! stop pushing things that I should get ! I'm already down to buying singles
can you stop making interesting things !
[ like your Germ pre which I need a 2nd  ]  How do you describe the sonics of the OV ?

okgb said:
Nice variety of pres  , you need a Lola or vp-28  to fill the sonic gap between thick & clear

Sorry to say but I have 3 different versions of Igor's Albatross pre's. From Dirty to clean.
The black ones = trafo's in and out with the ability to bypass out trafo.
The Blue ones = trannie less out + different input trafo.
Silver one = yet another input trafo.

Need to fill the gaps with some dynamics

Oh, no  I'm sorry because you may miss out on cool pres ,
the comp market isn't quite as wide open as the pres ,but looks like you have the
1176 / la-3 / ssl vibe covered ?

[silent:arts] said:
andre tchmil said:
Ptownkid said:
Why is Igors logo in one of the craters?

It's no secret he's doing them also.

And he was nice enough to buy one original backplane PCB ...

BTW, I bought a whole rack kit from you some time ago. Than, they were out of stock, and I needed 6 ASAP.
Making 30 racks from scratch was faster for me than wait next batch...
In case you think I copied it, the answer is definately NO. You can compare side by side.
I came to local factory Shif-Ram, they are found at hole at North Israel;
they make enclosures and prototype boxes for whole local North area electronics industry
including Elbit and Rafael, btw, we were working with one of mechanics engineers for a project which had no any relation to audio at past,
so, I had good connection inside the company;
whole design of case from scratch - I had only 500 modules standard drawing, pcb thickness and XLR measures - took 3-4 hours in Soliworks;
than I got 2 cases for checking within 10 days; than got 30 in month.

sahib said:
Igor said:
Haha yep) Should I mention Zazie 2011 concert tour with 4 of my 51X racks and 10x 51X-F76?

You mean your "51X clones"  ::) .

See, when people cloning your projects, you have popularity...but here the cloning wasn't the case.

You welcome to clone Uni-Q, BTW :)

After all. Dudes. You don't have to be....you know ;)
I issued my own 51X racks due to :
- I did not liked 3mm backplane pcb thickness;
- Needed to save on shipping costs to Israel - with the fees etc it was 65% of kit cost;
- Wanted precision laser cut, local (we call it white - blue) work
- Press - nuts and some minor changes.

Thus, I designed my 51X rack from scratch. After all, laser cut and IMHO bit better paint costed me bit less for 30 racks.

I don't sell these racks as kits, but only as complete units; only 9 were sold outside of Israel to my customers and 15 locally.
So - we do not compete. (If point of competition was the case) :)

Ptownkid said:
I had a feeling it was a douchebag move...that's igor's style.

For such a smart guy...you have a really loose set of ethics Igor. You constantly impress me with your ability but yet manage to detract from that by doing or saying something completely unnecessary...lame.

What it was????  Anyway, untill you write my name right... ;)

Man im getting sick of people fighting over whos selling what or who designed it.
51x was a modified clone of the VPR rack so whos to blame?
Igor rack is been out for some time now and nobody said nothing.

Soon after i released the 312 like 3-4 designs that looked alike were realeased too and i didnt bash them.
I even got a Pm from someone trying to discourage me saying he was working on something similar?? WTF??
I consider our forum as a coalition to produce better stuff...if that means more designs!

Good luck people.

Edit: 3nity, just show your message. Agree with you.

And, after all, people! Give cheers up to Kris for his cool setup; I know him and he do a great sound.
With setup like this it is just to say: Woa, cool, dude!!!! Let's do some music now!!!!
We talk not about racks and irons but music it supposed to bring to the world.

3nity said:
Man im getting sick of people fighting over whos selling what or who designed it.
51x was a modified clone of the VPR rack so whos to blame?
Igor rack is been out for some time now and nobody said nothing.

Soon after i released the 312 like 3-4 designs that looked alike were realeased too and i didnt bash them.
I even got a Pm from someone trying to discourage me saying he was working on something similar?? WTF??
I consider our forum as a coalition to produce better stuff...if that means more designs!

Good luck people.

as a "veteran" member I can only say : Well said !!

Back