MLXXXI teaser

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruno2000

Been working on this for a few months.  Really happy so far.
1081-01.jpg

1081-02.jpg

Best,
Bruno2000

Man you're making me feel like I have No wiener ............
Great productivity though , I dig that extended [ dual ? ] greyhill

okgb said:
Does your pin out match any standard or is it your own invention ?

This is another of my custom "71X Series", and matches the other 3 mic pre / EQ modules that I've built (Dual Mid 1084, Trident 'Channel Strip", and API 312 / 550b clone).  There's also now an 8 slot backplane similar to the 51X offering that has the option of XLRs or D-Sub connectors. 
backplane01a.jpg

They are all powered via the 51X power supply transformer / board system with the addition of a small 24V isolated supply for the relays.

More to come.
Best,
Bruno2000

[silent:arts] said:
3nity said:
maybe you can call it 70x lol.
now, that would be cool  8)
71X would be just better  :D

any details on your new format?
I see 2 XLR sets for each slot ...

OK, with all due respect to the 51X "brand", this will be the 71X.
2 ins and 2 outs for each module for stereo, mic in / line in (1081), or split mic pre / EQ (the API has this), plus a 1/4" TRS for inserts or "guitar" DI inputs.  There are also side by side links on the backplane.
This was never meant to be any kind of commercial endeavor, just a way to get some cool mic pre / EQs in a small space for the Remote Truck.  It kinda got out of control, but keeps me out of trouble on the weekends.
Best,
Bruno2000

No , I think it's an idea , who's time has come !
Dam you .

Totally no relation to the racks people sell for neves or the like ?

bruno2000 said:
3nity said:

2 ins and 2 outs for each module for stereo, mic in / line in (1081), or split mic pre / EQ (the API has this), plus a 1/4" TRS for inserts or "guitar" DI inputs.  There are also side by side links on the backplane.
This was never meant to be any kind of commercial endeavor, just a way to get some cool mic pre / EQs in a small space for the Remote Truck.  It kinda got out of control, but keeps me out of trouble on the weekends.
Best,
Bruno2000

Now Joe, you know that isn't going to keep you outta
trouble. But glad you keep it going.
I just need 4 of the ABI312 micpre/Eqs to fill in the 4 empty spaces I'm going to have..hehe
But the New Eqs your working on will fill it...
Hehehe
So don't get in any trouble at the cabin..
Holler at me..

...M...

SubhumanRecords said:
bruno2000 said:
3nity said:

Best,
Bruno2000

I just need 4 of the ABI312 micpre/Eqs to fill in the 4 empty spaces I'm going to have..hehe
Hehehe
Holler at me..

...M...

I actually worked on the APIs a little this afternoon, substituting a stepped T-Pad, and stepped mic pre gain control for those pots made of unobtainum.
Best,
Bruno2000

bruno2000 said:
SubhumanRecords said:
bruno2000 said:
3nity said:

Best,
Bruno2000

Hehehe
Holler at me..

...M...

I actually worked on the APIs a little this afternoon, substituting a stepped T-Pad, and stepped mic pre gain control for those pots made of unobtainum.
Best,
Bruno2000
That's awesome, that means I can fill the other 4 empty spaces.
You have been staying out of trouble. Mrs. R has you trained after all these years.hehe
Just kidding... But that's cool with the APi's.

...M...

My wallet is going to probably regret asking this, but how close is the 81 to the 31105? That's the pre I've always wanted since I heard Rufus Wainwright's Want one album

mylesgm said:
Where are the rest of these 71x projects?  I must have missed them somewhere in this great land of the diy.

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=48493.0 That's the Trident A Range. http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=40610.0 That's the 1084.

RE the 31105, I'm sure Bruno will chime in, but as far as I know it uses the same Class A/B architecture and eq points as the 1081. Not sure about the tx.

Bruno, I'm in awe at your work and can't wait for the 1073 lite!

Dylan

Back