Low Dielectric constant & dielectric absorption PCB adhesive ...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentlevoice1

Hey GroupDiy'ers  ;)

I'm considering making my own PCBs (the laminate) so that I can get the copper thickness & substrate I prefer. To that end I'm looking for a very low dielectric constant & dielectric absorption adhesive that will sustain soldering temperatures. An environmentally friendly - yet obtainable in low amounts - adhesive is much preferred.

Any of you know of such an adhesive?

Best wishes for your weekend ;-)

Jesper

P.S.: An adhesive with the above characteristics but which glues on both metals & woods is also very interesting - so really two questions: one adhesive that glues onto metals & teflon and a second that glues onto woods and metals - both with low dielectric const. & absorption - and environmentally friendly.

Are you talking about extremely high impedance (vacuum tube) circuitry, or do you believe PCB laminate is generally audible for typical solid state designs?

JR

Hi John,

Are you talking about extremely high impedance (vacuum tube) circuitry, or do you believe PCB laminate is generally audible for typical solid state designs?

I don't know if I "believe" it is audible ... Some years ago I was one of the initiators in introducing TARA Labs cables in Denmark and in that period experimented with insulation(s). My observation was that even short lengths of (electrically sound) insulation on a wire was audible - and to my ear I don't remember it being positive. Also making the "PCB" myself will allow for much thicker copper traces, and base materials that either damp microphony or have low dielectric absorption.

I have most everything in place but need to find the right/best adhesive ...

Greetings,

Jesper

Back