Beyerdynamic M260 Transformer types Bv35614 & BV350027

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary o

Can anyone confirm these transformers both from M260s Bv35614 & BV350027 also would like to know where I can get some ribbon foil so I can have a go at re ribboning a M260 & a Reslo....thanks for reading.

Gary O.

BV35614 confirmed!

I have a Beyer data sheet for the transformer TR145/BV35900 where its stated as a replacement for BV35614 for use in M260 and M320.

Hope this helps,

Anders

Attachments

• Beyer BV35900.pdf
    91.3 KB · Views: 34
Gary - drop me a PM with your address and I'll post you a bit to play with.

There seems to be a lot of variation in the Beyer M260 trannies. Some are full range but others seem designed to roll off a bit of bass. I have some replacements if needed, although the mics are glued together and can be tricky to get into.

Cheers!

Stewart

Anders thanks for PDF and info...brilliant...

Wow Stewart that would be fantastic ! I will send PM now thanks so much....

To add a little bit more of my M260 storey...I have the little straight shaft bluey grey one in it it has a BV35614 transformer, I have always liked it tho compared to a new M500 I have it does lack a little bass....I thought it was a full range 260 being older but now I wonder ......sadly the ribbon died...... I bought as a spare part the whole innards of a M260 that had the BV350027 as part of it , it was sold as new tho seller was a little un sure which model it was but was mostly sure it was the latest & only availible version the M260.80 that has the 80hz roll off.....I tried both transformers and to my ears both transformers sound the same with the new ( tho to looks like NOS) ribbon & motor ....... so question is do the transformers I have have built in roll off or has the roll off tran got a different name ....

Thanks guy for great info

Gary O.

Hi Gary,

The M500 transformer is different - the primary winding has a lower inductance and it does roll off some / lots of the low end. Have a look at this thread....

http://prorecordingworkshop.lefora.com/2011/11/28/ribbons-repair-various/#post11

Cheers!

Stewart

Great thread thanks ....Im thinking I may have two rolled of transformers here.....as I say my M500 has quite bit more low end than the M260......I may try transformer from a T bone RB500 or reslo or trix mics that I have just as experiment with the M260 motor .....

Stewart I read your microphone blog about the Lustraphone , brilliant very interesting..... I have one of those ribbon mics too and maybe a mic stand too looks similar.... would love to know more about the AGC496a sounds like a typical vari mu limiter would love to see schematic.

I Have also come across your web site a few times very interesting.....maybe interested in the full range tran for the M260

Latest posts

Back