MK-U47 - build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headbasket lower rings turned, waiting to be drilled

normal_lower_rings_headbasket.jpg

I'd rather not give numbers bevore i have them together (total hours worked, money spend on the finishing/galvanising, tools etc)
It will be more than alternatives made in China, but i think they'll be wort it.

-max

If the rails will be interchangeable with original and looks like this exact model, I'll be interested in 6 of them.

Fra

Attachments

• rails.jpg
    rails.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 154
Hello Max,

Do you have your own lathe there? Looks very good! I have read up on facing, finishing, plunge and side cutting. I would love to have my own lathe. I am curious to see how you will drill the holes for the screws that mate the pieces. (for the m49s you need to have three holes precisely at 120 degrees) Anyway, this is rad!

riggler said:
Hello Max,

Do you have your own lathe there? Looks very good! I have read up on facing, finishing, plunge and side cutting. I would love to have my own lathe. I am curious to see how you will drill the holes for the screws that mate the pieces. (for the m49s you need to have three holes precisely at 120 degrees) Anyway, this is rad!

You'd use a Rotary indexing tool, if not using a CNC.

I'm going manually at the moment (except mill work like the M7 capsule) lathe bandsaw indexing table etc but i'm looking into a cnc-ed lathe as well.

Latest posts

Back