MK-U47 - build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi!
will the housing also contain the inner construction to mount the electronics and will this be like in the original?

thanks,
andi

I'm still thinking about what to include, maybe i'll offer two packages - but the inner structure with the rails will be included for sure.

Hm...I'm not sure what to do. The Equinox body will be available in a few days and surely be sold out quick... but yours seem to be the same high quality and also lower shipping costs to Germany....

This body is made from brass and gunmetal and made in austria, i don't want (nor can't) compete with aluminium bodies made in china.

I'm getting there slowly...Plan to include the pattern switch via magnet/reed contact...this project is evolving to a kit with point to point electronic parts, connectors etc
Finished the inner structure, turning parts, headbasket toolings etc.

progress.jpg

Hi Max,

It was a long time ago since we met in Vienna and I bought a pair of mics from you.
They are still the best I have for certain things.
I' m really amazed by your work, especially these latest creations, this is just crazy....
Looks like you have a steel tube in mind, or that ring is just for true to the original cosmetics??
How are those M7' s coming along? Man, that' s also crazy  ;)

Last year I invested in some nice mics so I' m kind of broke at the moment but please don' t forget
about me when this hits the market. I can only imagine how fast these will go...

Here' s a photo of your babies in good company, please excuse the tejp...

Best regards
Magnus

Attachments

• Some mics.JPG
    Some mics.JPG
    467.4 KB · Views: 371
Hi Magnus,

long time - great to see the mics got such nice company!
Thanks for your kind words. The black ring is made from rubber and it's used as a shockmount for the tube, in my case it's two miniatures.

canidoit,
i still have to negotiate a costs for the galvanisation and a few other things before i can settle on a pricing.
The psu will most likely not be included.

-max

Also part of the upcoming kit:
Full-stack, 8-chamber wound Bv.08 transformer with two mounting holes - fully compatible to the original:
Bv_08_prototype.jpg

This looks amazing Max. Great job.
Maybe you shouldn't include everything in the kit, so we can feel like we did some work too  ;)

Back