MK-U47 - build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Max, your mic body is looking awesome! i finished your mk47, i can't thank you enough, it sounds incredible, i used a gt2B donor, but the mic sounds so fantastic, it's a sin not housing her in a swimsuit body! i want to be put on what ever list is necessary to buy one of your forthcoming 47 bodies

thanx
T

Hi Max,

This looks incredible! I'm just about to build my 1st microphone and would be very interested by a 47. I think I'll wait some sort of kit of your PCB, transformer, parts and body!!!
Keep going man, your project looks amazing.

Best,

Ben

Hey Max,
I'm really interested in one of your kits when it's ready - put me on the list - looks like an amazing project :)

Can you share some more details on the twin-tube design as a replacement for one VF14?
Sorry if that has been answered elsewhere before - I couldn't find it...

Ok so I have built a pair of G7's 4 custom ribbon mic's, 3 u87's, a u67 with one of Max's transformers,
a 47 fet and now i am working on M49. I have honestly been waiting on building a U47 because I haven't felt like anyone in the DIY world has really nailed the body, UNTIlL NOW!!! These are going sweet!!!! Max great job, but please hurry!!  I am steadily losing patience  ;D
Tskguy

And for those of you hoarding the vf14 tubes: Plug and play with either the original telefunken or my vf14r version (prototype shown).
vf14_vf14r.jpg

normal_vf14_comp.jpg
vf14er_comp.jpg

Aha!!
That answers my question in reply#50 in this thread.
I felt you had something going on. Fantastic!!

Best
Magnus

Latest posts

Back