MK-U47 - build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Max, will the psu for this project be the same as Zayance's psu pcb?

Btw, was waiting for this project. More pics and prices plz  ;)

Regards,
Iwan

Thanks guys, and sry it's taking longer than expected.
Iwan, yes the Psu is compatible to the MK47 PCB project and to the original Neumann U47 Psu.

Very Impressed

I should imagine getting the balance of the right metals and the critical temps in the construction of this transformer effects the final sound.

if you get it the right balance then the sound will be the same..... got to be (transformer wise as the original).

Are you testing your transformers inside an original u47 setup against the original transformer?

Steve

0dbfs said:
Sample 1 to 7 where used in original Bv.08, Bv.11 and Bv12 transformers.

Max, Could you possibly be convinced to do a run of BV11's?

Cheers,
jb

I second that request!!!
;D
I actually just pulled the trigger on a Huafe BV11 but having a Max version would be ideal!

Eric

Hi Max, which tubes you are going to use in your vf14r in post nr 156?
Sorry, i'am new here. I can get my hands on some telefunken tubes but do not know which one to get for this project.

Regards,
Iwan
(Edit) found my answer in previous thread  :)

>>Are you testing your transformers inside an original u47 setup against the original transformer?

I do have the circuit on the bench (in a mu-metal housing) for testing.

>>Max, Could you possibly be convinced to do a run of BV11's?

Yes, absolutely, i will add this to my store soon, wound with 8 chambers like the original of course.

>>Max, Could you possibly be convinced to do a run of BV11's?
Yes, absolutely, i will add this to my store soon, wound with 8 chambers like the original of course.

Very cool! Possible to make sure they are size and pin compatible with Poctop's M49 PCBs?
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=49675.0

>>Bv11 - Very cool! Possible to make sure they are size and pin compatible with Poctop's M49 PCBs?

The size will be the same as the original Bv.11 - the transformers used in poctop's pcb have a different size...

-max

ioaudio said:
>>This kind of alloys typically contains from 1-2% impurities.

No, more like (ballbark figures) >= 0.05% C , >= 0.005% P, >= 0.005% S and some 0.1%to 0.2% Si

>>Bv11 - Very cool! Possible to make sure they are size and pin compatible with Poctop's M49 PCBs?

The size will be the same as the original Bv.11 - the transformers used in poctop's pcb have a different size...

-max

Hi Max what is the dimension of your upcoming BV11 , i and if you would have a pinout and dimension drawing i could look into that ,
Let me know,
Best,
Dan,

Moby/Dobrilo,

Your knowledge regarding the lams is impressive, but I come to this thread to see how the mic project is progressing. This is Max's thread. Please don't be a rude guest. Enough already. Go to the other thread to post your information. It's interesting stuff. I will read it there.

Jim Marshall didn't copy the '59 Bassman exactly. Instead, he used the tubes and transformers that were available to him in England and created the Marshall amp. Did it sound exactly the same as the Fender? No, but it was equally as good, just different.

We are faced with a similar situation. We don't have the exact capsules, transformers, and tubes to create a perfect Neumann replica, but there is no need to fret. If we have good ears and tune the circuit based around the capsules, tubes, and transformer that we have at our disposal, we should all be able to end up with a mic that has it's own character but is outstanding in its own way.

ioaudio said:
the pinout will be the same as the bv12 pinout minus the 4 outer pins - i will publish the bv11 pinout soon.

Just PMed you for details.
Best,
Dan,

the bv11 pinout:

Bv11_pinout.jpg

Max by the way I want one for sure the only thing that can stop me now is you and lack of currency. I will keep up my end!  ;)

Edit:
I'll delete all my posts regarding the alloy topic and would like to ask you, moby, and you, Dobrilo, to do the same, please.
You can start a new topic and move the discussion there.
thanks,
max

Latest posts

Back