MK-U47 - build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I think a ruff calculation, you can make your self, MK47 kit 229,00 euro, head basket flea 400,00 euro, all the rest,metal work etc. shot in the dark 500,00 euro, so something between 1000 en 1250 euro is a ball park figure. Excluding tax for EU.

DJN

Max,

as bad luck would have it my car is dieing so now is probably not a good time to be listening to your mk47 siren song, beautiful as her melody is :)

will there be another run after the first 50 ?

thx !

Hi all,

i'm resolving one last small issue with the pattern switch but i'll be finished any day now.
I'll add order details here and in my white market thread when i'm ready to go.

25 Kits available now: --> http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=35667.0
MK-U47_24_kits.jpg

Ok, since the first kits are about to arrive some guidelines:

Only work in a tidy, confined space, don't lose any screws or small parts.
Be gentle, never force in a screw if it doesn't turn easily.
To mount the headbasket, insert all 3 screws just a few turns to have some play to align the holes before tighting them.
Do not tighten these screws more than nescessary - just until they sit flush (this is also true for original u47)
I included a nylon m3 screw for the capsule mount - it can be easily shortened if needed.
The schematic/layout/wiring follows the original - except the wiring of the tubes.
Burn-in period of these tubes can be rather long - bake them for at least 48 hours before noise-judgement.
It is recommended to purchase extra tubes, for noise selection and to have spares for the future.

Time to thank all of you for your ongoing support, for your patience and for the kind and encouraging emails!
I hope you enjoy the build and record some wonderful music!

-Max

Back