MK-U47 - build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

No, only the text is on the server, all the pictures are on a outside hosting. So if you want or interested in a project always save it on your own computer :). text can be done with print, and save it as a pdf, the pictures right click etc.

I always make a project map, and save al related, also data sheets etc.

DJN

Hi everyone!

I've searched the forum and google as best as I could but wasn't able to find any information as to how I could order a MK U47 kit, or if still at all possible, and at what cost? Can anyone provide some information or point me in the right direction? I saw the kit that is offered in Chunger's store but I'm much more interested in the point-to-point version with the pattern-change headbasket.

Thanks for your help, hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend so far!

That's too bad. I was afraid that would be the case when I saw that his whitemarket page was down :(
Hope the kits will come back some day...

It's strange because Max was such a huge contributor here, and presumably was doing well financially with his kits and products. I was very happy with the transformers I bought from him, and last I heard he was hard at work re-creating the famous M7 capsule.

I wonder if anything happened to him, and if he's OK. Anyone know?

Thanks

djn111 said:
Hi,

Very busy on the other forum with his U67 recreation, he still post there.

DJN
Which forum?

Edit: nevermind. I found him on GS. I also sent him a PM asking him to reload the images for this build thread.

can anyone who has one of maxs mku47 kits tell me if both the green Pi0  caps that came with it were 160v.  a 1uf 250 seems to big. want to return my mic to stock status and all i can find are 160v so i am thinking mine may have come with 160v can anyone confirm the voltage rating of the 1uf shipped with his original offerings? Thanks

Hi All,

anybody have a zip,rar, etc.. about the docs(no more available) of first post in first page ?
thanks

ps: is this project open (alive) or closed ?

Hi,

Doc's al the info is on page 33
https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=50694.msg833504#msg833504

Are you looking for specific info ?

A T-bone will never be a U47, but modification is not to be in this thread, this is about building a kit from IOaudio.

DJN

r2d2 said:
ps: is this project open (alive) or closed ?

I think it's dead, Max has a lot to do with his U67 Mods for the U87 he sells on gearslutz.
Chunger had some kits in stock last year but they are all gone.
Your only chance is, that someone will sell his mic. So keep a look on the black market.

TillM said:
I think it's dead, Max has a lot to do with his U67 Mods for the U87 he sells on gearslutz.
Chunger had some kits in stock last year but they are all gone.
Your only chance is, that someone will sell his mic. So keep a look on the black market.

Hi "TillM "  much thanks for info !

Ps:
ioaudio said:
http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Roehren-Geschichtliches/Neumann-Mikro/U47/U47.htm
[size=12pt]No Original VF 14 , No Original U47 / U67  Sound !!!
…and beware from tons of fakes vf14 around , overall on the web !
[/size]

Hi vinylwall,

Just curious why you chose to sell this kit? I had been looking at these, but they dont seem to be available. I have two different build projects unfinished, but these looked much simpler.

Thanks,

Hi vinylwall,

Just curious why you chose to sell this kit? I had been looking at these, but they dont seem to be available. I have two different build projects unfinished, but these looked much simpler.

Thanks,

Well, I don't really want to sell it, but I have two of them and we are trying to raise some money for our wedding next fall.  So I've been listing some of my microphones on eBay.  I love this mic, but I need the money.  Thanks for asking.  Jimi Ray

Back