which EQ for mastering use porter EQ or igor sontec?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creal

The title say all, i need to add a mastering eq to my set up.
So i need advice for choice between this two project.
Barry Porter EQ or Igor Sontec

I've recently completed Igor's Sontec using stepped switches throughout and PPA's APP992 DOA's. Very clean sound and not overly hard to build. I can't comment on the BP EQ as I haven't built it yet. I would say either of them would be a good addition to your arsenal.

I happened to ask dagoose this exact question just 3 days ago as he has built both the sontec and the barry porter (his units are crazy good looking) and I was having the same thoughts as you.
This is his reply:
dagoose said:
I think the sontec is more poweful/can be heard better doing it's job. The Barry porter is more subtle, musical, transparant. Both have their charm and both are totally great EQ's.

bubbi said:
I happened to ask dagoose this exact question just 3 days ago as he has built both the sontec and the barry porter (his units are crazy good looking) and I was having the same thoughts as you.
This is his reply:
dagoose said:
I think the sontec is more poweful/can be heard better doing it's job. The Barry porter is more subtle, musical, transparant. Both have their charm and both are totally great EQ's.
Indeed, that is my answer.  8)
I really like both and if i would choose i wouldn't know. Both are great EQ's.

and when you rack them both up it looks like this.  ;)
pic02.jpg

Latest posts

Back