G1176: Turn Switch to Push Button Wiring : Diagram Enclosed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heybluez

Hello all:

I am trying to wire my G1176 with some push button switches instead of the called for lorlin. I don't have the ability to make a PCB that I saw was made for push buttons so I tried to wire it directly from the PCB the switch was on.

Does this look right to you guys?

1176Lorlin2PushSwitch.gif

Thanks!
Michael

P.S. I think it is correct but to my ears it seems that my 4:1 compresses more than my 20:1...do i have it backwards?

Michael,

It appears that 7, 8, 9 and 10 are inverted in your example. So using the current labeling, connect 7 to 10, 8 to 9, 9 to 8 and 10 to 7.

You totally right! That was a typo. I actually had them wired the right way. I appreciate you catching that. I was not sure I had it right though so the help was surely needed. I updated the pic for anyone else interested.

Now...how do i do the Meter Switch. here is what I have so far. The "?a" is what I dont really know. How does the rest look?

1176Lorlin2PushSwitchMeter.gif

Thanks!
Michael

1, 2, B, C are correct.

3 on the pushbutton should go to 6 on the rotary board - R51 to pad Y.

12 on the pushbutton should go to 9 which is connected to pad X. These latter two are for the +4 setting so they need to connect to the output on the line amp.

4 goes to 4 = ground. Correct, but the designations are confusing since there is also a pad 4 on Jakob's layout.

A goes to A = pad 22 which is also point 22 on the schematic. So that is also correct.

?a therefore should go to rotary pads 2 or 3, which goes to pad 4, connecting to the ratio switch common or GRN on the original schematic. But since pad 4 on the meter board just goes to pad 4 on the ratio board, just wire it directly to the ratio board pad 4. It should probably be shielded with the shield grounded on one end.

Back