custom tapping service in CA

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kambo

i need to get some (UNC thread) #10-24 tapping (if possible 1inch depth) on the side of 10mm aluminum plates.
is there any online service for it in US,

this piece gonna join almost same size aluminum for T shape structure, with 2-3 #10-24  screws, it is rock solid:)
i am getting aluminum and other machining/cutting
service from frontPanel_express, its a 90USD piece, and i will have 4 delivered soon...
any help, idea ?

* with of piece is 120mm
hand drawing late in the evening :)

Attachments

• drawing.jpg
    drawing.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 43
Emachineshop.com is good as well. But when you're doing small quantities, nothing's cheap. Tapping aluminum is pretty easy even by hand, have you thought of doing it yourself?

gemini86 said:
Emachineshop.com

sounds good... thanks, downloading their CAD now :)

JohnRoberts said:
Are the holes already drilled?

JR

no :(
drilling strait holes on the sides is my main problem, as i have no drill press here,
and cheap drill presses are not accurate enough, they usually have almost 1/8 wobble  :eek:
tapping is easy...

Find a local machine shop that can do you the small favor. Just take it in to them, ask them if they have a guy that can help you out for a small fee, and it's done.

I know what it's like knowing what needs to be done, but not having any way to do it. Sucks, man. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back