Phoenix Audio DRS1R/500 and 51xAudio lunchbox

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
I found something interesting today...
I plug my two DRS1 (in slots 10 and 11, where it "always" works...).
I switched on the PSU, plugged preamps for pink noise testing with spectrafoo.
Both preamps are fully functional and really well calibrated. Same frequency response, pots are calibrated really accurately and on and on (I tested for both MIC and LINE levels...) those preamps seems to be paired (compared to my stereo DIY Gyraf G9  ;D)!!!

Then, I changed slow blow fuse to a fast one. I switched on again and lost +16V rail...
It really seems that, as gemini86 said it:
It sounds like they are sucking up way too much power at start up.

I do not see other explanation...

Under this conditions they won't work in any API compatible lunchbox.
I doubt they would release it like this.
You either have a faulty PSU or a faulty module.
Please check it against some other PSU or better, in another case!

The GDIY PSU is happy with 11 API compatible modules, if two modules blow the fuse there is something wrong!

Yes, I understand, it is not really an ideal situation!
It was just an other test to understand what happens.
I will try with other stuff to find what's wrong as soon as possible...

Hello.
I finally tried with an other lunchbox and PSU (511 DIY) and it works fine! No problem at start up with my phoenix audio DRS1...
I think I have a problem with my PSU... regulator problem? condenser problem? I don't understand...
Thanks for tour help!
:-\

Sounds like Def problem with your power supply...I would double check all the connections, especially the power transformer and all soldering points, then start replacing regulators if you think they aren't holding their voltage....but even still I would double check your cabling going to and from the rack also...

Back