Audio Measurement Resources

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made this a sticky...
===
I did co-author a book (with Larry Blakely) on performing audio measurements that we gave away free with the LOFTECH TS-1 audio test sets. Sorry I do not have a scan.

JR

not really...

It was mostly accurate, probably a few minor errors in it that I forgot about over the years.

[edit- I don't care if somebody else wants to share it, I just do not have a scan of that, and lots of my other old scribblings... /edit]

JR

Last edited:
As JR doesn't mind if it's shared could you please scan it and share it with us?

Thank you so much
I do not care... I co-authored it with Larry Blakely (RIP, died back in August of this year) mostly to merchandise the Loftech TS-1 audio test set. It contained lots of basic procedures for things like setting up tape recorder bias and measuring frequency response.

What about a surface mount opamp in the tonearm, next to the cartridge? Probably been done already.
There is an incentive to not add excessive mass to the tone arm. A cartridge manufacturer could add discrete JFET source followers inside the cart without much weight/mass penalty, and phantom power the active JFETs through the existing wiring (like cheap microphone capsules do now).

This could pretty much negate cable capacitance and sundry termination effects, but I do not see enough market demand for developing a novel technology for such a mature product category. I am too lazy to do a patent search to see if anybody has already pursued this.

JR

Back