CBS Circuit A400388 Dynamic Frequency Compensator

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opacheco

Hi,

Do someone have or knows where I can find a information, schematic about the CBS A400388 Dinamic Frequency Compensator??....

Do someone have dissambled or make a schematic or theory about the funtionality for that unit??....

How I can test this unit for optinal funtionality performer??

This unit is used in the Volumax 410, 420 and anothers processors too!!

Any comments will be apreciated,
Opacheco.

Resurrecting this thread, any one have any info? I found this description of the circuit, seems about right

http://repforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=29570.0

I've got a faulty one here, it doesn't compress. It's a potted module, as is typical. I'd like to strip it down and repair it, but I think just scratch building a new one might be a bit quicker! Unless anyone has any spares knocking about...!?

IIRC, in North America, these were labelled as Dynamic Presence Equalizers.
It was decades ago but I've seen one with the potted section(s) replaced with components but that was decades ago.
The radio station engineer told me he'd somehow managed to melt the potting and measure the components inside.
Some engineers used them as a component in the processing before the transmitter.
Others used them to brighten up remotes done by telephone line.

I dived in and un-potted one, circuit attached. Knocked up a replacement on stripboard, piece of cake

Attachments

• CBS A400380.JPG
    CBS A400380.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Back