Good news story that starts off badly...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iomegaman

GDIY Supporter
Ok...not your typical poster here...I am a deeply religious person...but like everyone else life happens and you deal with it.

Getting ready for a major move, relocating to N. Calif...and anyway I do a lot of "prayer walks" where I just go out along a bike path and commune with God as I have learned how...it might be prayer but looks more like a dialogue...

So Friday I take a short prayer walk before heading home and going to bed, had been with my third daughter and her kiddos and just wanted to pray a bit b4 bed...30 minutes, praying for justice for widows, orphans and the disenfranchised...typical pray for me.

Sat. morning I get up and decide to drive to hardware store to get some boxes for packing...look outside and notice my vehicle is missing...call my oldest daughter and ask her if she took it..."No Dad why would I take your truck?"

Call the police...file a stolen vehicle report, ask them what the odds are of getting it back in a city of almost a million close to the border...they smile and say "not good...its probably in Mexico by now..."

So I sort of depressingly resolve to take it as a loss and my daughter I had visited the night before (3rd I have 4)and I talk, she says "Dad God told me you will get it back"...I'm like...sure I know God will reward me...she said "You're not listening"...

My oldest daughter (who I am helping move) is becoming the County Attorney in Ca...she prayed out load and said "God I want in on some of this action"...she is very bold...afraid of nothing...

Anyway today she drives across town to get her husband his favorite lunch (it is his birthday today) and as she is returning she decides to stop and fill up his car with gas...as she is finishing up she see's a truck drive past her on a major street...she follows from a distance...calls 911 and tells the dispatch what is going on...she is starting to think it is my truck..the dispatch lady says stay back, and "Its not unusual to see cars that LOOK like the stolen one but they usually aren't"...my daughter recognizes some unique things about my truck (it has a special bed cover that is an accordion style and a "lamb" sticker on the tailgate)...so she convinces the police to send a car over as the truck pulls into a gas station to fuel up...

Short end of story, all the conditions fell into place for me to get my truck back...the police were shocked they said this statistically never happens, 99.99% of the time the vehicle is torched in the desert or never recovered (Tucson is a major drug corridor)...the policeman told me that if the vehicle had not stopped they would not have chased it and typically now because of the law these guys run and get away since the cops are not allowed to chase anymore (public safety/liability/etc)

Anyway...it might be coincidence but like the Bishop of Canterbury once said "I see a noticeable increase in the occurrence of coincidences when I pray"

They even cleaned it (although the ignition key switch will need to be replaced)...and two felons are off the street tonite...so justice occasionally drifts down towards those who pray for justice for the alien and outcast.

Just thought you'd like a good news story...all true.

iomegaman said:
Anyway...it might be coincidence but like the Bishop of Canterbury once said "I see a noticeable increase in the occurrence of coincidences when I pray"

I've always felt this  was the case in my life too  :)

Glad to hear your story

Cheers

I'm really glad you got your car back.

But since all of electronics is entirely quantifiable and scientific in nature, and since we're in a forum devoted for that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Thanks for the skepticism Kingston, but I really don't need an outside source to contribute to my "capacity" to doubt....plenty of natural negative charge already stored there...I find in the realm of human emotive/spiritual/dynamics that the flow of power is most naturally from positive to negative and not the other way round...faith is a diode.

Latest posts

Back