First timer seeking advice for GSSL

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fidget

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this forum, but also new to building my own stuff. I have quite some experience in the theoretical part of audio engineering, and I'm a huge gear-freak, but my knowledge of how what i use is put together is basically zero at this point.

I decided to learn-by-doing as that works best for me, and as so, my first project would be the Gyraf SSL Clone.

I will be buying this kit from PCBGrinder;
https://pcbgrinder.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60_74&product_id=50

My first and most basic question at this point is what more i need to have a fully finished compressor. I'm talking cases, meters, knobs, frontpanels etc. and possibly anything i may have missed. A shopping-list so i can get the buying part over with and start building, basically, without running into any shortages of anything.

Also interested in what you guys are using :)

I'm living in europe btw, if that makes any difference (online-shops etc)

Thanks in advance!

Fidget said:
Hey everyone!

I'm new to this forum, but also new to building my own stuff. I have quite some experience in the theoretical part of audio engineering, and I'm a huge gear-freak, but my knowledge of how what i use is put together is basically zero at this point.

I decided to learn-by-doing as that works best for me, and as so, my first project would be the Gyraf SSL Clone.

I will be buying this kit from PCBGrinder;
https://pcbgrinder.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60_74&product_id=50

My first and most basic question at this point is what more i need to have a fully finished compressor. I'm talking cases, meters, knobs, frontpanels etc. and possibly anything i may have missed. A shopping-list so i can get the buying part over with and start building, basically, without running into any shortages of anything.

Also interested in what you guys are using :)

I'm living in europe btw, if that makes any difference (online-shops etc)

Thanks in advance!

The GSSL help thread should contain everything you asked for.

About ordering online, mouser.com is my favorite. For me, they are cheaper than any other alternative I have here in Scandinavia.

Hey again,

Thanks, appreciate it - will go thru the help thread.

Am I right in my assumptions when i say i need to buy the following?:

- 1unit 19" rack case
- 1 front plate
- meter
- switches (on/off type ones)
- knobs (round ones)
- power unit + power cable

And the rest is included in the pcb kit linked earlier - or is there something i seem to be missing / forgetting?

Happy new year btw

Latest posts

Back