where to order patchbay parts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

I have a bunch of long frame 2X26 patchbays. looking to convert them into 2X24. Yes I could remove the last 2 jacks at the end but that would look ugly. Especially if I am wiring 17+ of these badboys. More over the extra jacks can be made into one more patchbay.  I found this by switchcraft but they are 26 across.

http://www.switchcraft.com/productsummary.aspx?Parent=604

Anyone know who makes a 2X24 version?

Thanks guys. I checked those places but  they do not have what I need. As usual I am over thinking the problem. Why should I have to just remove the last 2 jacks on the end of the row. If I remove the first jack and last jack I still get my 24  patch points per row without having to really do anything. I think I can make it work just by removing those jacks and making a small cover plate on each side. If I cut the plate correctly  I can make it look like they came that way.

Making covers would be way too tedious.  Cover the holes with simple 3/8" hole grommets from the local hardware store drawers isle.

What if you leave the jacks and have a 4-way mult at the end of each bay, or even better have them labelled for wacky-named non-existant gear?

Why the "only 24 points" anyway?  Are you wiring a studio for screwy-Lewy Farrakhan?
Mike

sodderboy said:
Making covers would be way too tedious.  Cover the holes with simple 3/8" hole grommets from the local hardware store drawers isle.

What if you leave the jacks and have a 4-way mult at the end of each bay, or even better have them labelled for wacky-named non-existant gear?

Why the "only 24 points" anyway?  Are you wiring a studio for screwy-Lewy Farrakhan?
Mike

Mike I think you miss understood. I was looking to change the 2X26 into 2X24. It's easier to group the sections of the mixer/console that way.

No I don't.  Why cant you have 24 outs normalled to 24 ins with a 4-way mult on the RHS of a bay, or joke O/B 2 over 2, or dot over dot on each side?
They don't all have to be mults.  It is the perfect place for a few polarity reversals, or some 3x1 signal combiners.  Why waste the points?
Mike

sodderboy said:
No I don't.  Why cant you have 24 outs normalled to 24 ins with a 4-way mult on the RHS of a bay, or joke O/B 2 over 2, or dot over dot on each side?
They don't all have to be mults.  It is the perfect place for a few polarity reversals, or some 3x1 signal combiners.  Why waste the points?
Mike

oh yeah... Good point. 8)

Latest posts

Back