Allen & Heath Saber 8 meter bridge

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckB

Anyone out there who might knowAllen & Heath Saber 8 like the good old friends those boards are?

We have recently acquired a 24/16, had gone thoroughly through and cleaned each pot & fader. All but 2 channels now working well. Sounds fabulous.

But... I cannot figure out why the LED meter bridge does not work at all . I have everything plugged in the right places, plus the odd pin connector, and I have the correct power supply.

I've asked A&H, but no one (at least that ive been able to reach) seems to be left that knows these vintage boards.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much.

Chuck Barker
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 503-847-6360

just because it is connected does not mean it will work as far as the meter bridge goes. The board is of age, perhaps a recap is in order, it might fix the dead channels and or the meter bridge.  From there you'll have to work out which component needs replacing.  If you have a schematic you can feed tone into the modules and probe with an o-scope till you find the failed part or  any other reason as to why it's not making it's way as it should. 

Latest posts

Back