Help about Grundig CN 730 Hi-fi (Playback EQ & DOBLY)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rıdvan

Hi,

I bought an Grundig CN 730 Cassette Recorder-Player for 2$.Yeah that's right! Only 2$. ;D

But i have an problem.I can listen stereo but i can't record stereo!

It has 8 pin din socket like this;

seite(3).jpg

But i can't find 8 pin socket.I have 5 pin but when i record,i just record mono.I need info about this type input to build my own connector.

Thanks!

DIN-connectors for microphone inputs are nearly always mono, 5-pin (or 3-pin).

For line inputs/outputs they can be stereo in one 5-pin.

If you have only one DIN connector, chances are that the recorder only has one micpre.

Jakob E.

gyraf said:
DIN-connectors for microphone inputs are nearly always mono, 5-pin (or 3-pin).

For line inputs/outputs they can be stereo in one 5-pin.

If you have only one DIN connector, chances are that the recorder only has one micpre.

Jakob E.

But every DIN connector's pinouts are different.I found lots of  info about 5 and 8 pin DINs but they are different :-\

I just did a quick search on the web and found the same document you posted. The next page includes "dynamische stereomikrofone und kondensator-stereomikrofone..." I would try to locate a schematic...

walter said:
I just did a quick search on the web and found the same document you posted. The next page includes "dynamische stereomikrofone und kondensator-stereomikrofone..." I would try to locate a schematic...

Actually there is no need.Cause i opened it and chopped :D

I get lots of old component from it.

Thanks for help!

Latest posts

Back