Carnhill VTB 2168/2169 from 2006 CJ groupbuy.. Specs, Pinouts?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacecho

Hello All,

I purchased a quantity of these some time ago (2006!!! damm) to build some neve type pres.... fast forward 2013..

I have finally gotten around to the idea of actually doing it.. slow starter i am - I can't seem to find technical documents on these transformers..
I rememeber something about the 2168 input being similar to a marinair 10468? and the 2169 being like a 9049 / L01166?

Also remember there being something mentioned about the mic input having its phase 'reversed' if wired like a 10468 (pins are in different positions?

I'd like to use the inputs in a SoundSkulptor or AML neve type pres and use the outputs to drive the output amps of some audix modules Au'dix' 35102/35302s... that i have kicking about..

If anyone has definite technical docs - it would be awesome if they could be added to the 'Docs' section...

Was hoping to use the vtb2168 in place of the vtb9045 (mic input 1:2), and the vtb2169 in place of the vtb1847 (line output 1:1.5 gapped)

I hear CJ pretty much put some awesome freaky voodooo into the specs of these things... don't want them sitting there rusting any longer... i wan't to record crazy single stroke roll drumming mitch mitchell-esque ft juicy drum sounds with em.. ya dig?

Hope someone can help a brother out!

Harry

Harry, you're not alone.... ;D

I have been away from DIY for many years and now getting back at it. I have two inputs and two outputs waiting too get built into something. NV73 maybe.

The old group buy thread with the specs is probably still somewhere out there...?

I also bought some in the groupbuy and used a pair in my 1290. If I remember correctly these were designed based on specs from neve/marinair transformers from the early seventies. You can use them as a 10468 and 1166. However, the 11468 had its phase reversed so just swap wires and you're done.

Not sure about transformer info but I love mitch mitchell .  Get those preamps built and do some recording.  your on the right track.

there was a misunderstanding on the amount of rev winds so i screwed up the phase on the pri,  :eek:

but you  just swap leads mand it sounds the same, ying to find some old neve stuff...

Back