Philly Geeks Meetup. Anyone?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brolik

Hey Guys,

I've been thinking for awhile that it would be fun to do a Philly GroupDIY meetup like I've seen them doing in NYC from time to time. There are enough of us around here to make it a worthwhile adventure I think. I don't know what for, or what we would do, but I think it could be pretty decent geek fun.

Anyone else? Would anyone be interested in attending such an event?

I have an office space by the E-Factory with an ad-hoc studio setup in which I'd be glad to host such an event. I have a bunch of different gear built from these hallowed pages that people might be interested in screwing around with. I'd also gladly pick up a case of beer or two, as I feel like that would be an important ingredient.

So again, any takers, or should I just keep to myself?

Hey guys,

Sorry I disappeared from this thread for awhile, but I'm glad to see that there is some enthusiasm. I guess the next thing would be to set a day? How does everybody's March look? Can I safely assume that weekends are best? Saturday or Sunday?

How do you feel about March 9th, 10th, 16th or 17th? After that I would be looking at April 6th or 7th.

I think either the 16th or 17th would be a good place to start. Lemme know what you guys think.

Looks like April 6th is the front runner. Lets leave that Sunday as a possibility too.

Who out there isn't good for April 6th 2013?

A few more positive responses and I say we should lock it down. It will be exceedingly difficult to find a day that will work for everyone, so I think if we can get 70% or so we'll be doing pretty good. Then we'll have a good excuse to have another meetup.

Alright guys, I'm adding it to my calendar for April 6th. Hopefully someone will show up to drink beer with me! I'll follow up a little later as the date approaches

Guys, I feel like an idiot doing this, but I've actually had some things come up that make this coming weekend not possible with me. Is anyone still interested in trying to make this happen next weekend? Or would we need to push it back a little further?

Resurrected! I'm not giving up on you, Philly geeks. NextFab Studio on Washington and 20th has agreed to host our next meeting if we can get one together. They have a projector as well as electronics toys we can use. And we can bring beer.

I'll throw a date out there just to get things started... how does the evening of Wednesday, July 17th work?

Great! We're confirmed for 6-8 PM on Wednesday, July 17th at NextFab Studio on Washington and 20th.

I'm all for having a casual, unstructured hang. But here are a couple ideas for fun stuff we could do while we're getting together:
  • Bring your extra PCBs or components to swap
  • Bring you completed gear or works-in-progress
  • Bring your broken stuff or non-working projects. Let's see if we can figure out what's wrong.
  • If anyone's motivated to give a presentation on a project or area of interest, we will have access to a projector

I've heard from a couple of folks outside the forum who are attending, and I'll post an invite on my website as well. Hopefully we'll have a good number.

Latest posts

Back