Anyone have a microphone capsule to spare?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentlevoice1

Hi  ;)

I'm in the process of designing a microphone amplifier circuitry for a B&K 4133 capsule but before venturing into using the 4133 I'd prefer to try out things on another capsule of some kind.

Might one of you have a capsule that you do not use - but which works - and which you can spare (I live in Denmark)?

I'd be pleased to give you a wine (or something to your liking) for a usable capsule.

Greetings,

Jesper

Oups - a P.S.: It must be a capacitor microphone so that it at least to some extent resembles the B&K.

Are you going to put 200V on it which is the correct Vp for 4133?  This will severely limit your choice of capsule.

Hi Ricardo,

No, I won't put 200 Volts on it. I'll put what is adequate for the capsule - it doesn't matter so much in relation to the circuitry I'm going to use. I'd just like to experiment with shielding, get an impression of noise levels etc. before using the B&Ks.

Greetings,

Jesper

For experiments with noise and shielding etc, you could just put in a good-quality capacitor of the value that you expect your future capsule to be.

Something like 30pF for a small diaphragm and 82pF for a large.

That said, I think I have a capsule or two somewhere that I can lend you for your initial experiments.

Jakob E.

Hi Jacob,

Much appreciated :) I'd like to be able to borrow a microphone from you at some point in time - will just consider whether to start with the capacitor or go with the microphone from the beginning.

Hope life is well  ;)

Jesper

Back