How often are your Mouser orders 100% correct?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Che_Guitarra

I'm about to order $600 worth of loose parts from Mouser (1x LA-2A and 2x 1084 projects)... just wondering if you were betting men what odds you'd give me of receiving a 100% accurate order at my end?

That's good to know.

I was a few Wima caps short in the last 1176 I built, but truth be told it's only the third time i've used Mouser.

I have made about 10 orders through mouser. Perfect every time except for a hammond case that was meant to be all black... it was part white!

I don't even think it was mousers fault. It was still in a sealed hammond package. After providing the appropriate proof and offering to mail it back to them (overseas) they refunded me for the case and let me keep it.

Stand up company those mouser lot.

Last time I ordered from them, one of the 10K pots I got didn't work. I called them, was asked to send a few pictures, and recieved a replacement 2 days later. Impressive!

Both Digikey and Mouser have ALWAYS sent me missing parts or incorrect parts replacements with very little questions asked and no money on the rare occasions where it has occurred. They both have very good customer service.

I have ordered from Mouser more than twenty times and sizable orders and found them to be the best source for me. At only one time did a multi turn expensive pot fail and a replacement one was soon on its way.

Also, I find their web site very easy to navigate and find parts.

I have ordered something from Mouser every couple of weeks for over 3 years with no problems.  Of course, UPS has crushed a couple of orders, but that was not Mouser's fault.  They will even help you on the phone to make sure you get the right parts (think military style connectors).
Best,
Bruno2000

I had a rather strange mistake with a small mouser part order... I requested, and paid for the cheapest delivery option (post office $7), and they sent it UPS 2nd day air ($20?).

I suspect a mistake with their website order fulfillment software coding, since the invoice showed the 2nd day air, but only charge me the slow boat charge.

I tried to clue them that their system was leaking money, but got a bizarre response, that my order was delayed in the warehouse so they upgraded it to 2nd day air, but that was a BS answer since the invoice I was emailed immediately upon placing the order showed the 2nd day air, so it wasn't some after the order decision to upgrade..

So I got the right parts, faster than expected...and they're a little flaky in that one area.

I will second that Digikey is pretty solid too. and good about customer service.

JR

That is common with Mouser now John depending upon what time of day you order. Before the economic slow down, they were rock solid with shipping every single evening if you got your order in by 8pm. Now they often hold the smaller and UPS ground orders until the next biz day. When they do that, they upgrade the shipping at no charge to the customer so you get it in the same time-frame as you would have with your original shipping method. I assume they run a much smaller nite crew so maybe it is saving them money in the long run. I am sure what they actually pay for shipping is way less than what one of us would pay. I have been told that they still ship overnite and 2 day orders the nite they are placed.

I have ordered tons from all the usual suspects over the last 5 years. I had one small "mixed bin" problem with Digi and one connector problem with Mouser. Both were rectified immediately. They are both top notch suppliers in my book.

I order from Farnell and Rapid in the UK rather than Mouser, but still, the orders I've made have always been fulfilled 100% correctly.

Whether or not I ordered the correct things for my project is another story altogether ;)

I've ordered from mouser I would guess over 15 times, always exactly what I ordered, whether I wanted it or not. Never a problem with them.

The only thing that does bother me sometimes is that their parts search is inaccurate, maybe 8% of the time. Parts are sometimes given wrong search parameters, sometimes in the wrong category. This can make finding the part you want difficult.

But, one I do find the parts I want, they always ship quickly and accurately.

Mouser has been 100% so far.

Quick shipping,  but it seems they don't really tell you the shipping price until after you've ordered - unless I'm not looking hard enough - which happens.

Digikey was accurate the one time I ordered from them, but they seemed to take more than a day before they shipped.

I only order once a really simple one and no problems... I'm far away and shipping are U$100 or so, that time I order it was to a texas location that a friend was working at... Nice to know all this good experiences to next time I need something!

JS

I order from Mouser and DigiKey with no problems so far.

BUT what goes on my nerves are the continuing questions before my orders are shipped:
- NO, I'm not a terrorist!
- NO, I do not resell to Iran
- NO, I do not build bombs etc out of this order
etc  :mad:

Mouser is one of my preferred sources, I have not had problems with Digikey 

JohnR - I had the same situation on my last order - it was sent 2nd day air for no extra charge. Fine with me.

Che Guitarra, Mouser has their inventory system on lock.  I order 6x per year and they're always 100%.  (Well, actually I once ordered 10 IEC inlets and one was missing the fuse holder. So minor I didn't complain. I still call that 100%, rounded up from 99.999.)

The only thing to watch out for is their online catalog specs are sometimes WRONG, way wrong.
So double check against the catalog PDF or the datasheet if you see a suspicious conflict. Lead spacing is commonly up for interpretation. Just this week I e-mailed them about part #: 80-PME271M522MR30.
They had it listed as 2.2uF. They fixed it 3 days after I wrote, which is a vast improvement from years past. See the little "See an Error?" link in the top right?  I've had to use it a dozen times.

Latest posts

Back