S t u d e r 169/269 Schematic?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="gyraf"]I've never, ever seen one. But I'd be very interested if you find it..!

Jakob E.[/quote]

Yes, thats a realy great sounding desk with really cool Preamps EQs and a great bus comp. I love this desk...
:grin:

We will see....

btw....

[quote author="gyraf"]_________________
..note to self: don't let Harman run your company..[/quote]

:grin:

Have you tried Studer themselves? http://www.studer.ch/index.aspx?

I've stumbled upon a Studer 269 yesterday on the internet, looks like a nice (but rather small) desk. Was for sale for 3000? (with 15 mic pre's).

I know someone who is selling his Studer 169.
It looks great, I believe it has 10 channels with preamps and two extra line channels with great sounding build in Limiters.
He uses it everyday.
It looks cool with that meterbridge.

PM me, maybe I can find his email address

I can confirm that Studer 169 rocks big time. - With Knobs on! Mic pre's are fab. Full and rich, but seamingly sweet top end. Eq simple but v effective. Sorry to use a Hackneyed Cliche, but very musical. I used to use one to run sub-groups thru off SSL. Limiters are excellent, too! shame that there isn't one per channel.

Ho Hum,

Andy P

Hi,
I found a contact by myself and will get the Schematic. He start scanning the schematic this afternoon, so piece after piece I will upload it for you...

Perhaps It will take some time, because there are so many versions and a lot of papers.

So thanks all for your help....

I have a huge manual for mine as well, thing is full of schematics for nearly every circuit. Let me know if one's missing, or if theres a specific page you're looking for. I recently had mine repaired, the internal power distribution circuit failed, and the tech who ended up getting it fixed had to modify and move alot of the power converting to the already existing External PSU. (it's supposed to take 14V DC and convert and supply different voltages throughout the board, but components failed and replacements were no longer availible??) Now its working well and sounds amazing!! Highly recommended mixer!! -b

[quote author="B-A-R"]Let me know if one's missing, or if theres a specific page you're looking for. [/quote]

Oh, I will do it if something is missing!!! :grin:
But if you have time, you can scan the Service Manual. So we can divide the work....? What do you think?

And Yes, thats a great mixer. When I get the schematic I will first repair my 169 and second I will design the Limiter as a stand alone and third I try to make a channel strip with Preamp/EQ/Limiter....

We will see..... :grin:

Wow!! i think i remember you discussing this on RCN! Well, it was a nightmare to get someone to finally FIX the damn thing. I could open up the PSU and take some pix, as well as some pix of what else he might have modified. The tech was contacted through the person i bought the mixer through (who got it from Germany) This person built me a PSU for it and i worked great..for about 2 HOURS! then silence. After 6 months of arguing with this certain individual about getting this thing working he called in a favor to a local studio tech. I dropped the item off at a P.O. box and picked it up a week or so later. Had to split the repair cost with person who orig. made the deal with me, and i was encouraged to NOT contact the tech, as he is "reclusive and private" Ugg....sorry to blather on about this ordeal, but i'd spent alot of $$ with this person purchasing his racked Telefunken gear and felt his customer service on this Studer as well as the other Telefunken items purchased, was incredibly effed up. Anyway, let me know anything you need me to shoot pix of, and i have emailed the tech about looking at some other gear, seems nice enough, i might could ask him what he actually did, and if he kept any notes, and or schems...."WE CAN REBUILD HIM!! We HAVE the technology!!"

Also, just took a peek at the Service Manual. This thing is realy realy BIG. Im sorry, it would take me a month of scanning to cover it all. If there is a certain circuit i could send you thats fine, but the whole thing! i just dont have the time..... :cry:

Jakob: I looked and i remember the person i bought it from had to get the "right" schematic from the orig owner, i guess in all of the one i bought for it, it didnt contain the right docs, it looks as if the tech put those extra docs in there, but im not sure , it looks like a supliment in the back of the binder showing mods to the PS. I could scans some of those if you think its correct for your application! :grin:

Shoot me a PM and we'll figure it out somehow!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!! :thumb:

I really appreciate this...!

We need to know what the Q6 - the FET in the limiter section - is. It is in a TO-18 housing (like the BC107)..?

Jakob E.

Back