Chuck D B-stock M7Capsule for U47fet?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubestation

Hello!!
I plan to build a U47fet with some friends,the pcb s are ordered ,now i ask myself if a 120-190pf M7 could do a good job in this mic.If the capaticity is higher(the diagramm is closer to the Backplate) than the output is higher and the useable capsule polarisationvoltage is lower.Is this right? Would a higher output overload the Amp?
Besides from this are there any other Factors like frequency unlinearities or other disanvantages from using the B-stock M7?
Thank you very much.
Greatings from Berlin
Lothar

It is not the capacity of the capsule as such that determines the output, but the deviation in capacity as a result of the modulation.
But in general the bigger the diaphragm, the higher the capacity and the output.
(More diaphragm area = more capacity!)

That is pretty high!! Most m7 typically are near the eighty mark. It's worth a try but the likely hood of it getting sucked to the backplate is pretty good!

Hello!!!
Thank you very much for the fast Reply
I love this Place and you People.I am so thankfull for everything i already learned from you all.
I am studying here for years now,and be a Little asheamed behause i am not able to give more usefull Output  ,it s not easy to post  something  here,behause of the high quality Knowledge you have.

i am not sure about the b Stock M7  in a  Dannys style u47fet circuit.As i wrote ,polarisationvoltage is 46v,not very high for a stock M7,but maybe to much for the One s with the higher capaticity(Less Space between backplate and diagram) ?

Thank s ,
Lothar

tskguy said:
That is pretty high!! Most m7 typically are near the eighty mark. It's worth a try but the likely hood of it getting sucked to the backplate is pretty good!

The Fet 47 have about 45V polarisation volatge ,  i  personally  think it can do no harm to an M7 at all,  i never tried an M7 but i will sure do when i get mine ,

The M7 will work with 60V , i think it is more a tension matter than the distance from the backplate ,  you can have a bad capsule with proper capacitance and the tension too loose and will produce a sucking effect in other hand you may have a capsule with extact same capacitance with higher tension and it wont get sucked in ,  I understand that the proximity to the backplate maybe an issue but if Chucks Sell those Bstock i am hoping they have been at least tested at 60V
Hence the Fet47 would be the easier mic on this capsule with is 45V.  if not then chuck selling those would make me question my self.

Dan,  :)

Well Dany and I may be in disagreement here. I would think maybe the 120pf may be fine at 45v polarization voltage but the 190pf you mentioned may be a different story. I would say give it a try!

E

Hello!
Thank s for the intresting Answers.If the tension of the diagram is higher ,the Resultat is a higher resonant frequency ?(stock is 800Hz,no ?) Does this end in a frequency change ,less bass probably?I am not asking to save Money,(I try to buy both) i am very interested to learn how small changings in the process of construction (i think chuck is giving all to make them equal)change the capsul from 90 to  190 Pf. !!
I just was reading on Herr Thiersch Website that Mylar coated M7 s age different than PVC one s .The Mylar gets softer over the years,less tension.Pvc gets harder in the agingprocess,resulting a higher tension.He also mentioned that some People prefer the older aged PVC  diagrams in there U47 (for Vocals) over new one s.
I want to build my 47fet mainly for my Bassdrum.
Thanks
Greatings from Berlin.

Latest posts

Back