Shure Level Loc implementing a Polarity switch. Help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwhmca

I'm trying to get a polarity switch into this Level Loc.

I've done the classic of bringing the XLR/Mic input directly to a DPDT switch, then flipping it and back to where the XLR?Mic input was going in the first place... BUT it loses low end... at least I'm pretty sure.

Can someone show me where I could place the Polarity switch without affecting the frequency? Is it possible?

Attachments

• levelLoc.jpg
    levelLoc.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 31
Why not try putting it on the output?
If you wired the switch correctly on the mic input, I see no reason why you should lose low end.

A polarity switch will work correctly on either the input or output line pairs IF the switch on that particular circuit point is set for "low" impedance.

Bri

I love learning :mad:

Well, it seems to be maybe just a sonic phenomenon or something. I totally don't see why on the schematic.

It seems to go away with higher gain... 

isolation and contact resistance may be worthwhile to take note of here?  really depends on the switch in use, and impedance as mentioned.

If you a listening to a mic on headphones you can get phase cancellation inside your own head, which can sound like loss of low end.

Back