Fonts with audio symbols

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strawtles

Hi, can you help me to find a font with audio symbols (hi pass, low pass, etc.)?
Cheers

Strawtles said:
Hi, can you help me to find a font with audio symbols (hi pass, low pass, etc.)?
Cheers

I tried looking for these with no success. They would be great for front panel designer. For hpf/lpf symbols I have to do two separate lines.

Cheers

Ian

yes, if someone savvy in graphics on this forum would please make HPGL files of all the audio symbols needed for front panel designation like HPF, LPF, different mic patterns, etc.  those would be really useful.  sadly i am not the person who has the capabilities to do such a thing.

I doubt it could be found in font format but I have few of them designed in vector. Tell me what you need exactly  8)

I've been thinking about this too

I know a graphic designer who once told me that he was modding a font for a job.

I will ask him about it and start researching, maybe we could make something.

We need the mic patterns, HPF & LPF, something like a bell and the polarity flip symbol, anything else?

All kinds of symbols can be done on frontpanel design program or Coreldraw or whatever.
It's just simple traces and rounds at the end, when you got that, you can even look at drawing Q shapes and all etc....

zayance said:
All kinds of symbols can be done on frontpanel design program or Coreldraw or whatever.
It's just simple wires and rounds at the end, when you got that, you can even look at drawing Q shapes and all etc....
Exactly what I did  8)

I would be able to do this. If someone were to create a list of symbols they require then I'd give it a go (e.g. cardioid, omni, figure-8, LPF, HPF)

Would people rather a set of symbols in a PDF (as above) or separate HPGL files per symbol?

Thanks,
Braeden

moby, thank you sir!  i'm glad there are a few on this forum better than i at graphics.  thank you!

braeden said:
I would be able to do this. If someone were to create a list of symbols they require then I'd give it a go (e.g. cardioid, omni, figure-8, LPF, HPF)

Would people rather a set of symbols in a PDF (as above) or separate HPGL files per symbol?

Thanks,
Braeden

hi braeden, we still need all the mic pattern symbols and also a polarity reverse symbol.  PDF works, but HPGL would be easier to drop into front panel designer.
could you do the symbols in both formats?  ;D

wonderful display of the forums generosity.  i am truly appreciative.  thank you moby and braeden!
best regards,
grant

Is everyone happy with the style? The text will be cut into their own separate HPGL files by the way.
Because the engraving tool for FPE follows contours you'll be able to change the thickness of the lines and the infill colours.

Symbols on the right are predominantly for people designing power supplies, they may be a bit too busy for crowded front panels.

hwkMIZn.png

Not quite done yet, I just wanted to make sure this is what everyone wanted.

audiophreak, are these narrow/wide symbols what you asked for?

I still have a long way to go in perfecting the dimensions of some of the icons to make sure they're all uniform.

If all goes according to plan I might have HPGL files for you guys soon enough.

Thanks,
Braeden

(P.s. I don't know why I included the Equinox logo, I thought maybe someone might want this on their power supply panel for some reason? :-/ ... hope they don't mind me ripping their logo)

WOW  !!!  thats fantastic !!!   
  Yes , those are exactly what I was looking for. 
      I am unfamiliar with HPGL files , will they open in Illustrator ? 

Thank you  braeden !!!

Back