recomend me a pcb fab house

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

o.k. so i have a little design I need 100 of as they are going into guitars for my friends guitar company. It's a simple little active circuit that I would breadboard and be done with but it has to look pro.  Anyway are PCB houses that expensive.

I can't imagine it costing around 5.00 each for a pcb that is 2.5 inches long and an inch wide.

I mainly use Tecbridge Circuits:

http://www.tecbridgecircuits.co.uk/index.htm

I just used their on line price calculator and for 100-off PCBs 1 inch by 2.5 inches and it comes to just over $200. Might cost a bit more to ship to your neck of the woods but should be under $250 tops. They don't mention the USA in their location on the price tool but I know they have customers there.

The guy to talk to there is Henry Gibson  :)

Cheers

Ian

Cheers

Ian

thanks for the info mate. The least expensive I have found here in the u.s. has been 367.00 dollars for 100 units. Which is from sunstone circuits. But since it will take time to recoupe cost as he is not mass producing guitars yet. So why go with 100 units? Most places want around 50.00 dollars to fab one board then there are the price drops like for 20 boards goes down to 20.00 dollars each so why spend 400.00 dollars for 20 board when one can spend 367.00 dollars for 100 pcb's that will ultimately be used eventually.

thanks again mate. I will hit them up and see what the turn around time is, etc, etc.

There are a number of good sources on WWW.. I recall shopping for a cheapo simple PCB and found the cheapest price from a canadian website... of course the PCB arrived from China..  8)

There was a thread maybe a year ago about this, check out those old sources and bump that.

JR

So in my hunt i ran across a PCB fab house in silicon valley that has a special where they will do as many pcb's can fit on a 90 square inch sheet for 125.00 dollars. Hmmmm doing the math now to see how many.  might be the best way to go. plus comes with a free tee-shirt. I don't need the Tee but hey why not.

you are considering a panelized solution, 5 units per pcb, vscored? that might reduce costs quite a bit.... (kind of thinking that you dothought about that yourself, but never the less.....)

- Michael

Seedstudio has a popular pcb proto manufactoring service which starts at 15$ for ten 10cm x 10cm PCB.

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/fusion-pcb-service-p-835.html

JohnRoberts said:
http://www.goldphoenixpcb.com/singlepage.php?tg=specialprice

I've used these guys a few times (for prototype)... one order had a slight adhesion issue where I was able to lift a few pads from too heavy handed rework, but later orders were all fine.

JR

pucho..

John is right.  Gold Phoenix would be the best bang for your buck
for this project.  I have used lots of board houses.  These guys are
better than most.

Best

GARY

ended up ordering from futurelec. Long story short you have to be very specific otherwise they end up using the slowest shipping possible. boards ship from shanghai so I am guessing they were made there. Futurelec was very helpful through the whole process. Only took about a month from sent file to drc check(on there end) to making boards to having boards on my end in Los Angeles Ca.

Latest posts

Back