Gml automation

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Talk about a piece of work :mad: anyway does anybody have any sort of gml documentation. Got  a 40 channel board here. Clients don't use the automation and the computer is not even hooked up but they use the faders and the mutes. The issue close to half the faders do not mute properly. What the do is act like a pad where the volume drops but not completely. I know the system works as other faders operate normally.

I've tried gml but nothing as that system is unsupported.

SSLtech said:
GML... That's an old acronym for "Run Away Fast".

I know. keith I know. But hey doesn't hurt to ask. hell maybe the engineers will revolt and demand the gml is replaced? I would put  in the original none automated faders  but they have no mute button and the  515Q channel portions were modded so that mute, will mute the channel feed to the auxes and not mute the channel. might have to unmod all of them. I suspect the fault lies in the  GML fader module but do not have any spares to test it with more do I have the GML fader tool.  To be honest I much rather see a flying faders II system in it's place.

Which was the system that killed GML, which was the better system albeit geeky.  Neve offered FF for a song and drove George out of the automation business.  He is such a polite, sharing person but does not like to go there due to all the anguish he suffered at the time.
Your only docs are the schemos in the back of the manual.  The last time I spoke with George he was going to scan the last rev of I/O schemos, but his heart was totally not into it.
There is no real support for the Wheatstone or Liberty stuff anywhere but it is listed on surplus sites occasionally.
When you say that half of the channels do not mute are they random or in some sort of bank or series?  You should be able to swap faders to start a search/fix path.  Then you have the control cards which are in groups of 8.  One place i always look is the out-board linear power supply.  That gets resistors- 6k8? fried when the system is not power cycled properly. 
Mike

Mike good to hear from you.

O.k. the outboard supply appears to be working o.k. as the +/- leds are lit but I have yet to take it out of the rack and open it up.  Now that I think about it. It's not so random and half is a little much. going across the board in the first group of 8(CH 1-8)  the first four faders do not mute properly.  then the second group of 8(ch9 -16) does not mute properly at all.  Then group 3(17-24) the first three faders do not mute properly. then lastly fader 35 and faders 36.

I wish I had  any documents at all. I have not been able to locate a manual of any sorts. A friend gave me an operations manual but that doesn't do me any good st this time.

It was suggested to me that the fault lies in the fader module itself. However I do not wish to open that up as I do not have the GML fader tool. For now the work around has been mute in the box.

Aren't there schematics in the back of the manual?  The GML fader, I/O, and block diagram schemos should be there.
Does a bad mute follow the fader or stay in place with a "good" fader.
Have you reseated all the cage cards and ribbons?  It can take it.
The supply I mentioned is not the rack box but an open-frame supply on a panel.  That gets the burny R's.
I might be near a system this week and get the schemos to scan.
Mike

Sadly this gml manual on loan has no schematics. haven't had time to swap faders around as a session is currently booked. But trying to prep for next round of repairs when they finished.

Latest posts

Back