Neve V "Ice Mod" - Heat Reduction for Neve V's by more 20f degrees!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby summerfield

"THE MIX SHOULD BE HOT, NOT THE MIXER"    See link below

I am a studio owner and NOT in the studio repair business, but want to show my heat reduction retrofit for Neve V series. This video shows a "very shaky" video of my prototype on my Neve VR, a better video is coming . . .

This heat reduction modification retrofit on my on a VR reduces the operating temperature of the channels by more than 20 degrees F. It does not change the cosmetic look of the console, it uses a ducting system that fits into each 12 channel section and uses new metal parts & panels & air filters that I am making, and is SILENT!

It circulates room temperature air, with a remote fan system and filters the air going through the modules to reduce dust problems.

I have posted a few videos on youtube of the prototype stages. however those earlier videos have a loud electric motor, as I was just measuring heat reduction & air flow at that stage, so disregard them for now and watch this video. The final seen here, is QUIET using remote fan. I like to record in my control room so I need it silent.

I am considering making extra kits for anyone that may want to buy a kit for their V's or VRs The kit will be by the Bucket ( 12 channels ) . The installation is very easy, it involves taking all channels out, swapping metal work, installing filters & replacing metal panels under the faders and the back of the channel buckets. Put 2 days aside to install a 60 input console. The kits should be ready in about 12 weeks. May 2013. I would to speak to each owner and discuss each studios needs before.

The process would involve me sending you new replacement metal hardware that fits inside & under your console, a ducting system and channels & air filters. Again this will not change the look of the console. The ducting kit goes into the console buckets. you would then send back your OLD metal parts to me.

JFYI: This will work on other large format analogue consoles too, I have Neve VR so started here, others will follow, later.

If you want to know more, feel free to contact me:

[email protected]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCkMyKffoOw

Cheers
Bobby Summerfield

Attachments

• Neve VR Ice Mod.jpg
    Neve VR Ice Mod.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts

Back