Stolen Prototype Twin Channel Tube Min Pre

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

A year or so ago I made a twin mic pre demo unit for potential clients in the USA to check out. It was held by T. Ray Bullard who lent it out to various studios and touring bands. It got a lot of use. Then, towards the end of last year it disappeared. T. Ray lent it to someone and it never came back and I can't seem to contact him any more so I am treating it as stolen. It is one of a kind, one of my very early designs, and comes in a 3U rack mounting case with a separate rack mounting PSU. I have made a smaller folder on my web site with pics and other information on it. If anyone comes across it or is offered it please let me know.

http://www.ianbell.ukfsn.org/EzTubeMixer/docs/TwinChannel/

Cheers

Ian

pucho812 said:
May I ask what city in the united states?

Last I heard, Teddy was living in Circleville, Ohio (having moved from South Carolina) and had loaned the prototype to a local radio station and then a touring country band.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
pucho812 said:
May I ask what city in the united states?

Last I heard, Teddy was living in Circleville, Ohio (having moved from South Carolina) and had loaned the prototype to a local radio station and then a touring country band.

Cheers

Ian
Not close to me but I'll keep a look out just in case. Might even search Tijuana I hear they cleaned it up and all the drug cartels moved to other border towns.

ruffrecords said:

Cheers

Ian

Circleville Ohio is a suburb of Columbus Ohio, the state capital, and a rather large city.  I am probably 200 miles from Columbus.  Eyes peeled.  Perhaps a big "giveaway" is the power transformer with "Made in Britain" clearly on it.  Unfortunately, the equipment would need to be opened to see that.

Sorry to hear that Ian.  A decade ago I had a G9 get 'disappeared' from an AZ shop after the owner died.  I feel part of your frustration. Hope it finds its way back to you!

Ricardus said:
I've got some friends in that part of the world. I'll post something on FB.

TRS outputs?

Thanks for that. Yes TRS outs. XLR balanced ins on front panel. It has been gone some years now but it was the very first build for a customer so I would like it back.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back