Cloning 2503 Api transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would twist 3,

that API circuit can drive a low z load pretty good so you do not need a ton of turns,

too much wire and your capacitance might go up too high,

Thanks, it's a lot of wire to twist, I'll do it when came back to home, maybe a couple of month... Thanks for the tip!

joaquins said:
Thanks, it's a lot of wire to twist, I'll do it when came back to home, maybe a couple of month... Thanks for the tip!
Thanks again Joaquins, i will be asking you by email later where did you get laminations for transformers so i can send them to clonate here.

you should try to contact to Cristian Tarufetti, Supermagoo here, he is the owner of http://www.vintageelectric.com.ar/ he know a lot about transformers and provably he know more places where to buy iron in argentina.

12afael said:
you should try to contact to Cristian Tarufetti, Supermagoo here, he is the owner of http://www.vintageelectric.com.ar/ he know a lot about transformers and provably he know more places where to buy iron in argentina.
I know about them, but never contacted him.

Joaquins told me about where to get some, havent ordered some yet, since i am traveling next week and dont have much time :(

I will keep you informed if you are interesed, and with results i make :) if i can measure some DIY 2503 later.

Graph said:
CJ said:
be sure to reverse wind the xfmr as current flows in opposite direction south of the equator, right?  :eek:
'
I thought only water in toilets went in opposite directon :(

No, here transformers ans screws are in opposite direction too!

JS

joaquins said:
Graph said:
CJ said:
be sure to reverse wind the xfmr as current flows in opposite direction south of the equator, right?  :eek:
'
I thought only water in toilets went in opposite directon :(

No, here transformers ans screws are in opposite direction too!

JS
Not a problem because power sockets are reversed and screwdrivers are left-handed.

Latest posts

Back