Groovetube GT66 / Sterling Audio ST66 Schematic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abechap024

Hello,
I heard these are really the same mic. I got a sterling audio broken without a power supply, its a fet hybrid with small tube like royer mod. Anyone have the schematic or power supply info floating around? It would be a huge help!
Thanks,
Abe

I still haven't found the schemo :(

Well I got the mic because I thought It might be a good mic to test an M7 style capsule in, It came without power supply, but I figured it was basically a Royer type circuit. I was wrong. It uses a +48v rail along with 100ishV and heaters....

I can't really see the advantages of a Fet and a tube...its almost like they are adding the tube only as a gimmik to add "color" but I think a tube can stand perfectly well on its own. The Pad and HPF are probably advantages of having a fet, but cathode bypass tubes can't really distort...and hpf at the pre?

Anyway the only thing stopping me from gutting the whole mic is possible resale value, because I didn't really want the mic to begin with.

I've heard they sound fine, the output transformer "looks" ok, better then a lot of the other ones I've seen, hopefully its a good one.

For mods I would switch out the capsule, maybe upgrade the electrolytic caps....not really a mic that invites modding to me for whatever reason.

anyone have power supply pinouts at least? :)

Latest posts

Back