DIY Telefunken V76 Build attempt

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to sum up after putting the lid on version 2 yesterday. First of all it was a stupid and ambitious project that I was not prepared for/had the knowledge about. But the more you invest the harder it is to put aside. Biggest issues has been part sourcing. For transformers I ended up winding my own on as i got hold of a good winding machine. I wound according to v72 schematics. Hum sourcing has been hell and Ive gain a lot of insight on working with high impedence. Its been a perilous learning experience.

By no means it sounds as the original. But as some artist cover songs better or worse I see this as a good cover.

In pic is version 2 with phantompower, high z,  fine control for gain, 9 step gain, 20db pad and lo cut filter. Built for a friend.

Ps. Do not read posts above.

Attachments

• IMG_20140818_231749.jpg
    IMG_20140818_231749.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 117
Ambitious project indeed, it must have been a serious journey, winding trafos and all.
That winding machine looks fantastic btw!
Are there any big differences between your versions?
Could you describe how it sounds different from the real thing?
If not you can send it to me in Malmö and I can compare to a few here  ;)

Fantastic work!!!

Best regards
//Magnus

Dr Gris said:
Ambitious project indeed, it must have been a serious journey, winding trafos and all.
That winding machine looks fantastic btw!
Are there any big differences between your versions?
Could you describe how it sounds different from the real thing?
If not you can send it to me in Malmö and I can compare to a few here  ;)

Fantastic work!!!

Best regards
//Magnus

Personal message has been sent.

Customer is tryin out the unit as we speak. Highz with bass and guitar seens to make it shine. Vocals is yet to be tested.

Latest posts

Back