Red lentil curry

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and left out the garlic.
On purpose?!  Blasphemy! ;D
Anything that calls for garlic, I tend to add twice or even thrice as much! ;)

This time of the year I often consume raw garlic chopped up into small bits to be easier to swallow. It appears to chase away sniffles, germs(?), and neighbors. It helps that I live alone, I'm sure my house reeks of garlic (to others, like vampires and werewolves).  8)

It may be nonsense but it seems to work. I haven't had a werewolf or vampire in my house (that I know of) forever, so I'll keep doing it.

I also routinely use a small amount of garlic in stews and sundry dishes. Not enough to overpower it, I can't even taste it anyhow, with my system already loaded up with about one clove a day this time of the year.

JR

I don't use much salt, so I actually had to supplement salt to reduce cramping a few summers ago when I was losing more from running in hot weather than I was consuming.

There are other spices with reportedly medicinal properties. Cinnamon is reported to help sugar/insulin metabolism so help prevent diabetes. Turmeric is another spice that is supposed to do good things. I also like lots of different hot peppers, because capsaicin supposedly helps with pain sensitivity. 

Of course moderation, too much of anything can be bad.

JR

Latest posts

Back